Aussie Specialist Program Trainer, Tourism Australia – London
- Maternity Cover
- Based in Central London
- Great team environment
Tourism Australia has an opportunity for an Aussie Specialist Program (ASP) Trainer to join its London team. This is an opportunity to join one of Australia’s most prestigious brands, reporting to the Partnerships and Distribution Manager.
This trainer role conducts all the face-to-face and online (e.g. webinar) training of qualified ASP agents and drives recruitment of new agents to register for the program. Responsible for the implementation of retail/distribution sales training programs (general destination, inductions, multi-state campaign support etc.) within the UK and Northern European markets on behalf of Tourism Australia (TA) and the State & Territory Tourism Organisations (STOs).
A key component of the position also involves the organisation and running of training events for stakeholders across the region. Willingness to travel extensively throughout the market and be flexible in the hours worked is essential for this role.
The role will provide valuable market insights to TA and the STOs from front line sales agents that will help shape the evolution of the Aussie Specialist Program. The trainer will work closely with the Aussie Specialist Coordinator as well as the wider Distribution team.
Our Behaviours …
We think big and without borders… We have a proud history of doing innovative and ground-breaking work. And we’re not done yet.
We make each other better… We’re one team. We value diversity and listen to all opinions before aligning on the best way forward, but robust discussion makes our work stronger.
We do the right thing… We are respectful of communities, cultures, and the earth we all inhabit, and take our responsibility to care for all three seriously.
We only do work that makes a difference… There’s so much we can do, and want to do, but we focus on the things that will add the most value to our industry.
We’re obsessed with telling the Australian story… We’re passionate out Australia, her land, nature, people, and culture. And we’re proud of our role in sharing her story with the world.
With high motivation and energy, you will be required to:
- Develop and deliver innovative and interactive training presentations (including face to face and virtual destination training, induction training, attend partner specific events, consumer shows, host Australia famils and provide multi-state campaign support) to achieve agreed targets for and including:
- Manage the Webinar program – conduct training and/or host training partners
- Organise and run events that provide a platform for STOs and other partners (e.g., products, airlines) the opportunity to train travel agents on their products/regions
- Work with the Distribution team to develop a training plan for the UK and Northern European markets including agreed targets for number of trainees, sessions presented and familiarisation trips escorted. When appropriate and according to government guidelines, this role will have face-to-face contact with trainees (targets for training to be agreed with the Partnerships & Distribution Manager).
- Maintain a rolling monthly training calendar to be shared with STOs.
- Work with the STOs and Distribution Team in market to review core training programs against training plan.
- Drive recruitment of new ASP agents at events and support engagement of the site by qualified ASP agents
- Complete a weekly summary of key training activities and provide monthly reports to include insights from those trained.
- Manage allocated ASP budgets.
- Work with Key Distribution Partners (KDPs) to identify and recruit front line sellers into the ASP
To deliver on the above, your resume will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent English language skills (reading/writing/oral)
- Sound computer skills including Word, Excel and Internet Explorer
- Superior knowledge of presentation programs e.g., PowerPoint, CRM database management experience
- Sound understanding of customer service and marketing principles
- Proven ability to create and deliver engaging face to face and online training presentations
- Develop relationships with new and existing Key Distribution Partners
- Effectively organise and manage events, including all associated logistics
- Deliver excellent customer service to front line sales agents and trade partners
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to achieve agreed individual and team goals
The icing on the cake (desired) but not essential:
- Demonstrated high level experience in a training environment
- Compulsory 3-5 years’ experience within a sales or product development role in the travel industry
- Previous knowledge of webinar technology
- Excellent Australian destination and product knowledge
So, what are you waiting for?
Click "Apply" now by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you’re the star we’re looking for.
Applications close on 16 April 2021.