Bar Manager Roles - Nationwide Locations
Academy Music Group (AMG) is hiring for numerous vacancies open in many UK live entertainment venues, listed in cities below. You will have the opportunity to specify which venue(s) when applying.
Academy Music Group is the leading owner and operator of prestigious, world-renowned venues. Many are iconic, historic theatres in major towns and cities across the UK, home to artists, events and audiences, that are famed for unforgettable live performances.
AMG is on the lookout for passionate employees in bar operations, who live, eat and breathe all things venues.
Company: Academy Music Group - Live Nation (Music) UK Limited
Reports to: General manager (venue)
Working hours: Full-time
Academy Music Group
O2 Academy Brixton, London (4,921), O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire, London (2,000), O2 Forum Kentish Town, London (2,300), O2 Academy Islington, London (800), O2 Academy Birmingham (3,009), O2 Institute Birmingham (1,500), O2 Academy Bristol (1,600–1,800), O2 Academy Bournemouth (1,875), O2 Academy Glasgow (2,550), O2 Academy Leeds (2,300), O2 Academy Leicester (1,600), Arts Club, Liverpool (500/1,250), O2 Academy Liverpool (1,200), O2 Ritz Manchester (1,500), O2 Academy Newcastle (2,000), O2 City Hall Newcastle (2,135), O2 Academy Oxford (1,020), O2 Academy Sheffield (2,350), O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester (3,500)
Live Nation (Music) UK Limited
O2 Apollo Manchester (3,500), O2 Guildhall Southampton (1,749), Motorpoint Arena Cardiff (4,994-7,500)
The bar manager at an Academy Music Group or Live Nation (Music) UK Limited venue is responsible for multiple bars, stock control procedures and management of a large and diverse team of front-of-house employees. The role is to ensure our bars’ operation is executed to the highest standard across a wide variety of live shows and events. The bar manager will work closely with the general manager to drive financial success and achieve annual company targets.
Our bar manager is a senior member of the management team at our prestigious and internationally renowned venues, where our shows and events are as diverse as the individuals within it. With a positive and supportive approach, the successful candidate will inspire a dedicated, creative team, drive our core values of excellence and inclusivity, and deliver the very best experiences in live entertainment.
- Personal licence holder
- Experience in bar management within the hospitality industry or live venues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages and EPOS systems
- Competent in cellar management
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and licensing
- Proven track record of bar sales, GP and yield
What we need
- Drive key product ranges and develop promotions
- Maximise sales opportunities (spend-per-head / profit-per-customer)
- Demonstrable leadership and motivation of others
- Enthusiasm for the live events and hospitality industry
- Flexibility to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings/public holidays)
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills
What you’ll be doing
- Recruitment and training of front-of-house employees
- Stock management, ordering and regular stock-takes
- Smooth running of operational responsibilities
- Management of a large team
- Achieving targets as set by the general manager
- Assist in forecasting revenues and cost control
- Financial reporting
- Cash management
- Processing weekly payroll
- Duty management at live events
- Liaison with suppliers, partners and head office
- Bars and cellars maintenance and repair and service management
- Supervision of deliveries
- First-class client and customer service
- Highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene across all bar operations
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the standard rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and home life. As a growing business, we’ll encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
While this is a great opportunity in an exciting industry, this is not just a chance to see shows for free! The role is not your ordinary nine-to-five and the industry is demanding, with sometimes long and unsociable hours. The excitement and energy of the shows and events we create comes from the hard work and dedication we commit to our work, and this position is no exception so get ready to bring your very best to the role.
Academy Music Group (AMG) is the UK’s leading owner and operator of live music and entertainment venues with award-winning credentials. Several of our historic theatres are unique institutions of British music and culture and our vision is to inspire artists and audiences by hosting unforgettable live performances.
AMG is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
To find out more and join teams in London, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Glasgow, Newcastle, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester, Oxford, Newcastle, Sheffield and Southampton, visit the Academy Music Group Careers page by clicking "Apply".