About The Stag Company
We’ve been helping bewildered best men to create epic Stag weekends since 2002. Over the past 19 years, the company has grown in size and stature and we now send away around 50,000 passengers every year, each of them bringing back hilarious memories they’ll treasure forever.
We work hard to maintain an excellent relationship with our network of trusted providers, and we strive for customer excellence to ensure that each and every weekend runs smoothly.
Why join our team?
We have cultivated a safe, nurturing environment where our employees can grow and develop.
By embracing difference, and prioritising employee wellbeing, we’ve built a company culture built on mutual support, togetherness and inclusion. As a result, we have an engaged, knowledgeable, and passionate team, who genuinely enjoy coming to work!
We offer a flexible approach to working, so our team can fit their work around their lives, not the other way around.
About the role
The Finance Manager is responsible for the Finance function with a focus on identifying and optimising net profit opportunities and contributing to the continued success of the Company in line with business targets. The Finance Manager is responsible for supporting business and departmental objectives and maximising the Company’s profitability at every opportunity.
The Finance Manager reports into the CEO, sits within our Leadership Team, and has one direct report, this being our in-house accountant.
The job is part-time, working 22.5 hours each week, with a flexible approach to location and working pattern. Listed salary is FTE so will be pro-rata'd to the 22.5 hours.
Key day-to-day duties
- Oversee the Company’s Finance Strategy and Annual Finance Plan in conjunction with the Directors
- Track business performance, conduct analysis of trends and developments, and monitor the Company’s gross margin position
- Produce accurate and reliable reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually) together with the monthly management accounts and quarterly forecasting, adhering to strict deadlines
- Produce accurate and timely reporting to the bank, on a monthly basis, and within fixed deadline
- Accountable for all finance activities, including cash posting and allocation, new accounts, housekeeping, query resolution, account reconciliations, department expenditure
- Track business performance against budgets using agreed measures, forecasts and KPIs, highlighting variances which need to be addressed
- With CEO, responsible for annual ABTA bond and insurance renewals
- Coordinate and produce monthly payroll detail to be handed over to outsourced payroll contacts
- Responsible for ensuring all financial procedures and practices are in line with current legislation
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of up-to-date financial practices and provide suitable interpretation to benefit the business
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders, such as our provider network, financial institutions, Company accountants and auditors
- Liaise with other department leads to ensure they are fully informed of finance objectives, purposes, and achievements
Skills, qualities and competencies:
- ACCA/CIMA qualified
- At least two years’ experience within a Finance Manager role
- Proven experience of business analysis and presenting Management Information
- Sound judgement and excellent attention to detail
- Confident and driven, with a solutions-focussed, can-do attitude
- Proven ability of meeting tight reporting deadlines
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- Proficient in building meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders at every level
- Experience within the travel sector is desired but not mandatory
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly