Post Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
Location: Based in Stanmore, will need to travel nationally for work
FTE: Full time 52 weeks (including statutory holiday to be taken by arrangement in school holiday time)
Govinda’s Catering is all about precise, beautifully designed and nourishing menus. We cater for a healthy vegetarian diet, and provide food that is good for the body, mind and soul. Feel good food that genuinely uplifts you. Govinda’s currently provide over 5000 meals daily nationwide and support over 10 schools. Our menus are designed by nutritional experts who understand the blend between satisfying children’s tastes and providing them with essential food types for their growth and development.
Govinda’s has been growing at a fast rate from year to year and this will only continue as we expand our market and develop our services. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in an ever-evolving team of food enthusiasts to help spread this delicious and nourishing food far and wide!
- To source and develop new business opportunities and generate additional revenue.
- Undertake research of potential clients/markets and their requirements
- Maintain strong customer relationships; ensure customer loyalty through excellent customer service
- Utilize all marketing tools to promote and increase revenue.
- Develop marketing materials and web pages to enhance business opportunities.
- Manage the complete Sales Cycle from pro-active marketing through to contract award.
- Maintain and develop a strong sales pipeline
- Provide up to date and accurate business forecasting.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective clients
- Ensure that the organization and its documentation are GDPR compliant and act as the link between the company and the outsourced DPO
- To support all aspects of ICT, including the implementation and support of the Procurement software.
- To support and develop the website ensuring that updates are completed, and ongoing maintenance is undertaken.
- To research and scan the industry for latest food trends and innovation within the marketplace.
- To support and coordinate marketing events both online, retail and with schools.
- To provide support with menu development and nutritional analysis of food.
- Management of the Govindas staffing budgets
- Knowledge of appropriate systems to support operational processes Procure Wizard, Cypad and Vericool
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Relevant professional qualification within the catering industry, both craft and managerial related in any of the following sectors: restaurants, hotels, hospitality, events, schools, colleges, universities.
- Highly motivated, flexible and a team player
- Proven experience in acquiring new business opportunities
- Customer service focused
- Extensive leadership experience within the catering sector. Operated multi-site contracts, evidence of exceptional, collaborative and inspirational leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of GDPR
- Ability to use initiative and think outside the box
- Highly competent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Proven ability to develop, communicate and successfully implement strategies & policies
- Confident decision-maker
- Experience in business-to-business marketing
- Experience in IT systems including networking, end user support and cloud-based software’s
- Food Hygiene Level 2 Course minimum requirement
- Knowledge of Asian culture and food
- Sales background with experience of selling contract catering services
- Knowledge of WordPress and website development
- Excellent self-management, to include time management, working under pressure and to deadlines
- Understanding of the Trust ethos, values and vision
- Commitment to professional development, learning and development to improve own practice/knowledge
Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careers and must be submitted by the closing date above to firstname.lastname@example.org once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment. Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.