IT Support Technician
We're looking for an experienced IT Support Technician to join the team of a leading tour operator based in Birmingham. If you have experience gained within a similar IT support role, ideally from within the travel industry, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to advance your career with a friendly and professional IT team.
Reporting to the Head of IT & Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and maintain the computer systems and networks of the business. They will also be tasked with installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
This is an office based role and our client can offer a competitive salary of up to £24k plus excellent benefits. If this role is of interest to you, please contact us today for a confidential chat, or apply online.
Role of IT Support Technician:
- Assist IT Manager to create, amend and implement our client's new IT support reporting systems.
- Maintain existing Crystal reports and create new reports
- Monitor and check Spam box
- Make changes to website content and ensure amendments are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain and test websites to include the daily checking of the XML feeds and ensure that websites are fully functioning.
- Errata Management ensure that forward booking notifications are actioned, when notified apply errata’s to all properties and check for affected bookings and advise relevant departments
- Support in house team with IT Software queries to include Excel, UCA, Word, Vibe, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Take ownership of some IT queries from internal Staff in Autotask - and seeing job through to resolution with help of IT Manager and external IT company.
- Using In-Design to edit existing templates and export/print as required.
- With the support of the Marketing Manager complete minor image manipulation/creation
- Apply content created by Marketing Department and ensure it appears correctly on websites
- Bug logging, manage and solve helpdesk tickets in Auto task inline with SLA’s.
- Mentor and develop IT Apprentice.
Skills required for the role:
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role, ideally within a travel management / travel related organisation
- Good knowledge of travel systems such as Vibe, Amadeus, Traveltek, Galileo (all ideal but not essential, will review candidate on their merits)
- Excellent working knowledge of Dolphin
- Good commercial awareness and an ability to understand how IT relates to the company and impacts its performance
- Experience with Autotask PSA ideal but not essential
- Good knowledge of XML (including schema definitions is ideal but no essential)
- Good Understanding of Crystal Reports and SQL Server preferred although not essential
If you’re interested in learning more about this IT Support Technician role, please contact Succeed Recruitment Solutions or press the apply online button now!
Not for you? Then please visit our website to view the other exciting roles we have available; www.succeed-recruitment.com.
Succeed Recruitment Solutions – for the best Travel jobs, Multilingual jobs and Contact Centre jobs.