Live in Sous Chef
We are seeking a Full Time Sous Chef to become an integral part to the core team at an evolving North Yorkshire Inn. Live in accommodation is available.
We serve high quality food daily, offering people a quiet, comfortable and warm atmosphere. As a 15 Room Hotel located in the heart of a Market town, we often have very busy food service periods, making the kitchen a faced paced environment.
As a Sous Chef you will be expected to actively assist in ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen whilst consistently ensuring a high standard of food production and deputise for the Head Chef in their absence.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate would posses excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure whilst remaining great at communication. At least 2 years experience in a similar position is essential along with a strong grasp of Health and Safety policy demanding high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Direct experience with hotel businesses is not required, though some knowledge of the industry would be beneficial, as would experience working with restaurants, pubs or cafes. The ideal candidate would be both resourceful, efficient, and with an outstanding eye for detail. Candidates must also have a love and passion for food, as we believe this is an essential part to the hotel's journey.
Duties will include:
1. You are required to ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard, and complies with food safety regulations.
2. Supervising, training and motivating the team to achieve the highest standards.
3. Actively involved in menu planning, compilation and ordering in addition to ensuring that departmental budgets are controlled.
4. Ensuring high standards of quality control, handling and storage of commodities to current legislation, governing handling, storage and processing.
5. Actively ensure that dishes are produced to a consistent high standard.
About The Hotel:
The George Hotel is a 15 Room Countryside Inn. Recently under new ownership & management, the hotel is on a journey to becoming a traditionally influenced coaching inn that provides fine food, cracking beer, fantastic drinks and relaxing rooms.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"