Gold Medal Travel is an award winning tour-operator with over 40 years’ experience in tailor-making holidays to worldwide destinations.
We are now recruiting for a Cruise Product & Commercial Manager to raise the profile of our Cruise product in the B2B market. In this role you will be responsible for defining the strategy; product planning and brochure production.
As our Cruise expert, you will support our sales team to develop their product knowledge, seek efficiencies, and improve speed to market. You will work with the Sales Managers to review performance, trading conditions and real time sales performance to ensure we deliver to targets and providing full trading reviews.
You need to have extensive cruise product knowledge, alongside great negotiation skills to secure the best deals, negotiate commercial overrides, exclusive offers and brochure contributions. Experience in brochure production is also vital as you’ll be responsible for selecting products to be included in the brochures, as well as creating optimum paginations.
This role can be based at our flagship office in Leyland, Lancashire or home based with regular travel to Leyland as well as other UK and overseas travel.
To be considered for this role, we need you to have the following skills & experience:
- Significant previous experience within a tour operator in a similar role with relevant cruise product and travel market knowledge
- Hold existing relationships with cruise lines
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- A thorough understanding of cruise contracts and overrides
- A high level of attention to detail and copy accuracy
- Experience in product merchandising
- Experience in managing significant workloads and prioritising where necessary
- Good analytical skills and a strong commercial acumen
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace
Our employees enjoy many benefits including life assurance, pension scheme, travel discounts and industry/social events, on-site free car parking, on-site restaurant and break-out area with free wifi.