Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
The successful candidate will be expected to provide administrative, accounting and sales support services in the JTB’s Regional Office in London, to ensure its smooth operation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Establish systems and procedures for the sufficient flow of work and the general administration of the Division:
- Carry out general accounting functions for the office, such as , VAT returns (quarterly), Accounts Receivables and Payables, banking and book-keeping.
- Maintain up-to-date payables and receivables balances and accurate inventory/fixed register.
- Provide support for sales department, including providing the BDM with materials, registering for tradeshows, scheduling appointments, organising and attending tradeshows and presentations when requested.
- Assisting with sales enquiries as well as dispersing sales materials.
- Arrange and coordinate Jamaica Tourist Board’s Sales blitzes and seminars, including payments.
- Maintain a list of supplier contacts and database.
- Advise visitors of required travel documents and constantly liaise with the Jamaican embassies and consulates for any change in entry requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCE:
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good customer relation skills
- Sound integrity/ethics exercised in the performance of duties.
- Proficient in the relevant computer applications
- Sound knowledge of filing systems & methods
- Good initiative & analytical skills
- sound problem solving & organizing skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree in Administrative Management, Business Management or any other related discipline along with:
- Training in basic Accounting,
- Four (4) Years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Knowledge of travel industry preferred.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"