Health & Safety Officer – Tour Operations
No Agents please
The JG Travel Group is a leading provider of group travel offering exciting and diverse value for money tours, ranging from short breaks, classic seaside resort holidays, heritage tours, London theatre breaks/ attractions, and European holidays, including Cruises, through a number of distinct brands. A private equity backed business with plans to further develop and expand, we are looking to recruit a highly experienced and NEBOSH National General certificate holder Tour Operations Health & Safety Officer.
The safety of our customers is paramount as is the need to provide a duty of care to all our customers. This newly created position will report to the Director of Product & Operations and will ensure the JG Travel Group meets its legislative obligations in respect of tour health and safety. They will also drive the continuous development of Customer Health & Safety in the business to ensure we operate tours in a safe and effective manner.
We are looking for an energetic, pro-active self-starter, with experience of auditing and inspections (e.g. HFHS or OHSAS 18001) ideally along with some industry knowledge of hotels, venue and vehicle operating health and safety
The role will require some flexibility to travel throughout the US and Europe when required, so must hold a full UK driving licence. Preferably a member of IOSH, specific accountabilities include:
- Lead and manage the Customer Safety Management System (SMS) ensuring it is reviewed regularly, robust and in time with the latest legislation.
- Identify areas of operational risk, providing information, support and advice to the business whilst promoting a positive risk management culture at all times.
- Ensure coach operator compliance is up to date and physical audits take place at operator premises within agreed timescales.
- Manage the completion of the Self-Assessment Audits by each supplier of hotels, attractions or venues each year.
- Work with the Hotel & Product teams and the Logistics’ team providing specialist advice to ensure Health & Safety, Compliance, risk assessments and customer mobility checks are carried out at the contracting stage.
- Carry out accident and incident investigations for all RIDDOR reportable matters and ensure the business’ obligations for reporting of such are met.
- Design, facilitate and deliver tour operation health & safety related training programmes to the relevant people in the business.
- Ensure that any unsafe act, condition or situation which could compromise the business is immediately escalated to Director of Product & Operations.
- Undertake and assist in supplier inspections for monitoring and verifying compliance with health, safety, hygiene including food hygiene, and fire regulations as part of our Customer Safety Management System.
- Provide monthly H&S reports to the Board of Directors on SMS performance, incidents and accidents.
- Assist with following up and investigating relevant hotel complaints, to ensure high levels of customer service and low complaint levels are maintained.
- Play a significant role in the Major Incident Response Team which may involve out of hours working.
- Keep up-to-date with tour operation health & safety, other relevant legislation and industry information and advise the business accordingly.
- Maintain good working relationships with all external suppliers and internal departments.
The ideal candidate will be a strong administrator, with a good level of Excel skills. A strong planner and organiser along with a high level of interpersonal skills, this is a hugely exciting opportunity for someone to be part of shaping the future success of this company.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and attributes for this role please send your CV and letter of application to Helen Moylan/ HR Director by clicking "Apply"