Barrhead Travel is on the look-out for our business leaders of the future. We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager to lead and support our team in our Selby branch.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced retail travel manager who is looking to take their managerial career to the next level in a business where the sky really is the limit when it comes to career progression.
About the role:
- Delivering results, including driving individual and store targets as well as achievement set KPIs
- Inspire, motivate and mentor a sales team helping them flourish and ensure they reach their potential
- Work with your team on their own Personal Development Plans and set goals for progression and achievement
- Bring new ideas to the table for business growth, driving in-store events and liaising with marketing to work on a localised marketing strategy
- Ensure your store is delivering on all sales targets and is contributing to business profitability
- Stand as a proud ambassador for Barrhead Travel, ensuring positive brand promotion internally and externally
- Lead with exceptional customer service and have a real passion for people.
- You will be responsible for ensuring key business messages and decisions are clearly communicated to your team
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience managing a retail travel agency store is required
- Genuine passion for the travel industry
- Tenacious and driven with a proven track record of reaching and exceeding personal targets
- You’ll be a leader by nature, with the ability to inspire and motivate your team on a daily basis
- Flexible and adaptable to changeable or reactive situations
- You should be very commercially aware, with an eye for detail, opportunity and keeping abreast of competitor activity
- Communication skills are essential – we’re looking for an individual that can confidently communicate with people at all levels of the business and adapt accordingly when speaking with clients
What we offer:
- Attractive basic salary plus uncapped commission and bonus schemes
- Ongoing mentoring and coaching to help you reach your full potential
- Company benefits scheme which includes generous staff discounts on your own holidays, high street retailers and child-care vouchers.
For more information please contact the recruitment team on 0141 223 6655