Love marketing and have a passion for travel? Are you a marketing executive looking to step up or a senior marketing executive looking for a new challenge? If the answer is yes and you have experience in brand, direct and digital marketing, then read on!
Newmarket Holidays are returning to touring and have ambitious plans for growth. The marketing and brand team are leading in how we shape the voice of the company, acquire new customers and reward them, and this role will help to structure the plans and deliver them. Our voice and brand representation need to reflect the changed times of the past 18 months – our customers need to know they really are in the safest of hands - so we must confidently reassure and inspire both potential and existing customers to rediscover the joys of travel.
With scope to deliver you own imaginative, fresh, attention-grabbing style, this is a role that requires creativity, organisation and strategic thinking to shape and deliver the marketing strategy in 2022. You will be communicating to new and existing customers in a range of channels, from emails, social media, advertorials and press releases, to press advertising, digital marketing, brochures and direct mail.
The role will also help shape our branding and key messages, revamping the way we communicate to our customers. You will be the brand guardian, both for internal and external marketing and have full responsibility for driving consistency across the company and in all our marketing.
- Brand: Helping to define and roll out our brand’s key messages and tone of voice delivery
- Acquisition: Being centrally involved in creating and leading innovative integrated acquisition campaigns across multiple channels
- Retention: Planning, scheduling and delivering our retention marketing strategy. Including, regular direct mail, brochures and eCRM
- eCRM: Taking full ownership of the eCRM schedule and coordinating with the Lead of Creative Copy & Content to execute emails to the right audiences, at the right time.
- Promotions: Effectively communicating and delivering promotional campaigns across all marketing channels to drive bookings
- Continuous improvement: Devising and implementing a test, measure and learn approach for acquisition and retention campaigns. Understand key metrics on marketing activities in order to monitor success and leverage these learnings for future campaigns.
- Performance: Take the lead on understanding the performance of our marketing and reporting internally, working with the Production Manager to brainstorm, cost and track the creative tests.
- Data: Liaise with the data team and Production Manager to segment and create targeted and measurable promotions and email campaigns
- PR: Contribute to and deliver the PR strategy to drive coverage for Newmarket Holidays
- Budgets: Manage the marketing budget across both acquisition and retention activity
- eCommerce: Working closely with the eCommerce team to deliver and align overall strategy, promotional campaigns and continuous improvements to the company’s digital marketing activity and results
Who you are:
- You enjoy working in a small but expanding team that is passionate about travel, marketing and brand
- Three to five years’ experience in marketing, preferably with relevant travel experience.
- You have excellent levels of commercial awareness
- You are able to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and are fully-committed to delivering a fantastic customer experience
- Have excellent time management and planning skills to successfully deploy concurrent workflows
- Experienced with email tools such as Mailchimp or Redeye
- You don’t just accept the status quo and are always looking for and following through on ways to improve things
- You are analytical and results driven and are able to question the data
- Excellent project management skills; dynamic, structured, organised
- Solid understanding of Content Management Systems
- The ability to thrive in a small team environment and relish the autonomy and opportunity of a broad marketing mix - you must be a team player and be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into whatever comes your way
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- You understand data segmentation
- You don’t just flag issues and problems – you look for solutions
- You aren’t afraid to explore new marketing opportunities and partnerships
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred in marketing, advertising and/or communication.
And in return:
We will provide you with a wonderful opportunity to be part of the exciting return to travel within a hugely passionate, dedicated team with a proven track record of success. We will invest in you, help you develop and provide you with the opportunities to achieve career goals, coach and nurture whilst providing all the tools possible to have a positive impact at Newmarket Holidays. The post comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 25 days paid holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays)
- Friends and family discount on holidays
- Open-plan south London office with a friendly team and regular socials
- Flexible working arrangements with a hybrid model of office and working from home
Please send your CV with your covering note including your availability to start and salary expectations to our People and Culture Manager, Nikki Bail by clicking "Apply"
Please note that we are looking for this role to ideally start on December 1st.