Gold Medal Travel is an award winning tour-operator with over 40 years’ experience in tailor-making holidays to worldwide destinations. We offer scheduled flights with the world’s leading airlines, thousands of worldwide hotels, car hire, camper-vans and many other exciting products around the world. The Gold Medal family includes Pure Luxury, Cruise Plus and Incredible Journeys. We are part of dnata Travel Group, part of the Emirates Group.
We are now recruiting for a Trading Analyst to provide commercial support and analysis to our key stakeholders. In this role you will become the brand champion for a key area, focusing on daily trading and working with the business to deliver to our targets. You will provide relevant business performance, competitor and marketing analysis to support the creation of our pricing policies. This role will support the Senior Trading Analyst in identifying and maximising revenue and margin opportunities.
- Support the delivery and help drive a clear commercial/pricing strategy and associated product and business plans
- Drive and achieve commercial targets including profit, revenue, sales & margin targets, conversion and overrides of the B2B brands, through effective generation and management of all trading activity and commercial analysis
- Monitor daily trading data to identify trends, risks and opportunities for growth. Providing analysis of demand trends to all stakeholders and make recommendations for product, price and promotional opportunities
- Develop elasticity models that improve the robustness of pricing decisions
- Track the ROI on margin changes and campaign expenditure in conjunction with marketing
- Competitor and destination analysis - delivering reports to a set schedule to communicate competitor and market activity. Identify market trends for products and destinations
- Creation of pricing policies for brochure, web and marketing activity
- Analysis of destination opportunities to increase margin or turnover
- Preparation of full trading analysis to be reviewed in trading meetings. Provide key statistics to ensure financial objectives are being achieved
- Support pricing and product with adhoc price scrapes and deliver files to be used across brochure pricing. Implement robust processes to ensure all pricing is applied through the business with 100% accuracy
- Work with key stakeholders to establish a professional approach that ensures the coordination and resolution of all trading issues
- Maintenance of margin systems and responsibility of margin changes across UK B2B Dnata brands
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Educated to GCSE/’O’ Level standard with Grade C or above in Maths and English – or equivalent
- Experience working within the Travel, Leisure or Tour Operations industry
- Sound commercial awareness and a proven track record of the ability to meet revenue/margin targets
- Extensive experience of delivering a commercial strategy
- Familiarity with B2B products and knowledge of net airfares and contracts
- Excellent analytical capabilities and high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to influence upwards and with peers and other stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace
- Strategic and forward thinker
- Strong analytical capabilities
Our state of the art, flagship office is based in Leyland, only 10 minutes’ drive from junction 29 of the M6.
Our employees enjoy many benefits including life assurance, pension scheme, travel discounts and industry/social events, on-site free car parking, on-site restaurant and break-out area with free wifi.
In the UK, the dnata Travel Group brands include Sunmaster, Netflights, Travel Republic and Travelbag.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"