Head of Catering
The role ensures that their allocated customers access, use and achieve all the promised benefits from our services. The role is responsible for the achievement of a sales plan and operational targets at individual school level. It will establish a ‘can do’, customer service culture for all school-based staff that reflects our company’s values and personality. The role will develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with their school heads, school business managers and chairs of governors.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Develop and deliver a clear business plan for each allocated school that is agreed with the Head of Customer Success.
- Positively manage each school-based team to motivate them to achieve or exceed performance and operational targets. Deliver the company culture in each school team and set the standard for a high level of productivity through personal example.
- Ensure that every team member understands their role and their performance expectations and targets. Proactively manage performance issues and ensure the team is staffed with ‘Edsential People’
- Implement Edsential’s customer relationship strategy for key customer decision makers: chair of governors, school head, school business manager. Establish robust, trusting relationships ensuring we are aware of, and can proactively influence, key decisions impacting our services.
- Be responsible for statutory compliance in relation to Health & Safety, Food Safety and training for each school-based team within remit.
- Collaborate with the Service and Category managers to support the continuous improvement and innovation of all services and processes.
Be an ambassador for Edsential taking an active part in making the company a fun and challenging environment to work, in line with our brand personality, and by demonstrating a solid understanding of our mission, values and culture.
NOTE: Notwithstanding the details of this JD the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by their line manager consistent with the principal responsibilities of the job and in any company location.
- Educated to A Level - CIPD level 5 professional qualification
- Food Safety Level 3
- A good understanding of Allergens and Intolerances.
- A good understanding of COSHH and HACCP -
- Experience of working in a catering environment and including multi-site management.
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also as part of a team
- Excellent Customer service/relationship building skills.
- Understanding of basic health & safety requirements.
- Ability to carry out a range of administration IT tasks, including stocktaking and ordering.
Job Related Knowledge
- Commitment to maintain high standards of service, food quality & hygiene
- Understanding of Food Safety Legislation and School Food Standards
Skills and Aptitudes
Reliable, Punctual, Conscientious, Observant, Flexible, Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Driving licence
- Customer Focus
- Best Value for Money
- Leading by Example
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"