We have a brand new and fantastic opportunity for a commercially aware, Product & Purchasing Manager to join the team of an expanding, well known travel organisation. Based in our client’s Chester office (or from home), the role of Product & Purchasing Manager will support the business in driving forward our client's product ranges in line with an ambitious growth strategy.
Previous experience is a similar role within the travel sector is essential for the position and in return, our client can offer a highly competitive salary DOE, plus excellent industry benefits. Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm.
If this role is of interest to you, please contact us today for a confidential chat, or apply online.
Role of Product & Purchasing Manager:
- Full responsibility for negotiating market leading rates, exclusive offers and availability with suppliers
- Accountability for the trading performance of designated destinations and product lines
- Creation of the product strategy for designated destinations using market research, competitor analysis and performance reviews
- Development and management of strong supplier relationships (at all levels) across a range of product types and across a range of international destinations
- Working with internal stakeholders to develop and drive forward the supplier connectivity strategy
- Ensuring all designated Product lines and suppliers adhere to full Health and Safety requirements
- Developing and sourcing funding for marketing opportunities from suppliers
- Supporting the sales teams with product training and information
Skills required for the role:
- Previous experience working within a Product/Purchasing role with the travel industry
- Strong knowledge of the online travel sector
- Strong knowledge of supplier connectivity technology
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident decision maker
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Able to work as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
If you’re interested in learning more about this Product & Purchasing Manager role, please contact Succeed Recruitment Solutions or press the apply online button now!
Not for you? Then please visit our website to view the other exciting roles we have available; www.succeed-recruitment.com
Succeed Recruitment Solutions - for the best Travel jobs, Multilingual jobs and Contact Centre jobs.