As the world opens up for global leisure travel again and the furlough scheme closed, our teams are reunited and reignited in their mission to make wish-list travel dreams a reality for our valued customers. We're looking for an experienced Data Reporting Analyst to contribute to Newmarket Holidays' growth and development by providing valuable data analysis and insights.
The Data Reporting Analyst primarily supports the BI function to maintain & create reporting solutions for all areas of the business. One of these key areas will be supporting the Marketing Team in delivering direct mail campaigns through the provision of appropriate customer mailing lists. This role provides the link between raw data from various sources to insightful & actionable analyses, reports & dashboards for other teams, that drive key business decisions.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop strong understanding of Newmarket’s business & the key performance indicators & metrics used to evaluate performance & identify growth opportunities.
- Gather business requirements from Product & Sales teams to improve data analytics solutions via relevant data modelling techniques & reporting solutions.
- Support the ongoing development of the Newmarket data warehouse through the identification of new data sources & continued validation of existing data sources.
- Monitor & review reporting metrics to ensure they’re in line with current business practices & processes.
- Estimate the business value of a user’s request to resolve conflicting priorities.
- Collaborate with Analysts & Technology team on developing a consistent approach to design, create & maintain BI reports/dashboards used throughout the company; provide suggestions to improve reporting best practices & work as part of team responsible for ongoing process improvement efforts.
- Perform data profiling to identify, understand & explain anomalies.
- Agree with the Marketing team customer data & targeting needs for every direct mail marketing campaign, actively deciding selections that best meet campaign & business objectives to improve ROI
- Ensure that proper controls & checks are in place regarding customer data to ensure that reports are accurate, timely & resolve any issues/errors as well as be able to explain any anomalies.
- Recommend & action data testing for individual campaigns & promotions & generalised data tests to identify upsell & cross sell opportunities.
Who you are
- Experience of working with high volumes of data & working to tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of the Microsoft Technology Stack (MS SQL, SSRS and PowerBI in particular).
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data & analysis.
- Excellent commercial insight & ability to provide the insight in a meaningful way.
- Detail oriented & committed to accuracy, data integrity & quality.
- Strong analytical skills & ability to “think outside of the box”.
- Strong client focus.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Experience of or eagerness to develop skills with BI/Developer Tools (Power BI, SSIS & SSAS).
And in return...
We will provide you with a wonderful opportunity to be part of the exciting return to travel within a hugely passionate, dedicated team with a proven track record of success. We will invest in you, help you develop and provide you with the opportunities to achieve career goals, coach and nurture whilst providing all the tools possible to have a positive impact at Newmarket Holidays. The post comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 33 days paid holiday per year
- Friends and family discount on holidays
- Open-plan South London/Surrey office with a friendly team and regular socials
- Flexible working arrangements with a hybrid model of office and working from home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
Please send your CV with your covering note including your availability to start and salary expectations to our People and Culture Manager, Nikki Bail.
No agencies, please.
As an equal opportunities employer, Newmarket Holidays is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Newmarket Holidays.