We know our success is driven by our exceptional people. We are in the business of creating amazing holiday experiences. The type of holidays that people have always dreamt of doing. We bring those dreams to life and are the trusted friends of our loyal customers. As one of our team members readies for maternity leave, we are looking for a talented individual to cover her role of Special Events Operations Executive.
We believe in being a truly customer and colleague centric business. We expect our team to really understand our holidays, so you’ll get the chance to visit some of our wonderful destinations. These trips are hard work, but you’ll see some amazing things and enjoy really unique experiences. Our office in Wallington, Surrey is focused and results driven, but lots of fun. Full of like-minded people who are all in the business of creating these amazing experiences.
The Special Events Operations Executive role is a multi-faceted one responsible for the planning and operation of special events, including, but not limited to, our hugely successful Andre Rieu and Wimbledon programs. You will also operate a range of tours where you will be responsible for all aspects of our ‘on holiday’ service delivery. Working closely with our colleagues in Product and our customer-facing teams, SCS and Customer Relations as well as suppliers and tour managers, you will focus on the operational delivery of our holidays to ensure a best-in-class holiday experience for our customers. You will support the creation of a more consistent and differentiated ‘on holiday’ brand proposition across all channels.
What I do
- Work closely with the Resort Operations Manager on the restart of Newmarket tour operations post Covid-19
- Responsible for planning and the operational delivery of special events, contracted by Newmarket, this may include attending some in person to oversee the delivery of our proposition
- Ensure that all tasks required to successfully operate a best-in class air holiday & special event are completed accurately, within the time deadlines set to budget and in line with our brand proposition
- Monitor success of the holiday experience for customers both in and out of resort environment, using data to underpin conclusions and decision making
- Continually seek out new and innovative ways to improve our customer’s Newmarket ‘on holiday’ experience, understanding what competitors are doing and with a digital mindset
- Work closely with Product Managers on all aspects of product operational delivery
- Share knowledge with SCS & Customer Relations to enhance product understanding and sales skills
- Readily and frequently engage with Tour Managers, customers and suppliers, again, using data to always underpin discussions and decision making
- Part of a dedicated emergency customer response team offering an in- and out-of- trading hours service, on a roster basis, to our customers travelling on a Newmarket holiday
- Provide support and assistance to across the Customer division and Product teams where required
Who I am
- Passionate about travel and delivering a quality experience
- Team player who can build strong relationships internally and externally
- Understand the importance of meeting strict time deadlines
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, who establishes good working relationships
- Able to use data and interpret it to make sound decisions
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- High level of numeracy and accuracy
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail
- Highly organised with the ability to assimilate a variety of tasks, the flexibility to meet changing priorities as demands dictate and an ability to work well under pressure
- Problem-solver who questions processes in the desire to achieve efficiencies
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment and taking responsibility
- Ideally has experience of working within the events sector
- Keen to travel in relation to role
What we're offering
We will provide you with a wonderful opportunity to be part of the exciting return to travel within a hugely passionate, dedicated team with a proven track record of success. We will invest in you, help you develop and provide you with the opportunities to achieve career goals, coach and nurture whilst providing all the tools possible to have a positive impact at Newmarket Holidays. The post comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 33 days paid holiday per year
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Friends and family discount on holidays
- Open-plan South London/Surrey office with a friendly team and regular socials
- Flexible working arrangements with a hybrid model of office and working from home
Please send your CV with your covering note including your availability to start and salary expectations to our People and Culture Manager, Nikki Bail.
No agencies, please.
As an equal opportunities employer, Newmarket Holidays is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Newmarket Holidays.