37 hours per week Term Time + 10 days
7.00am – 3pm Monday -Friday
Starting Salary Scale 6 Point 12 ( Actual Salary £19,870)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Catering Manager to manage our catering operation, including the busy school canteen and our new and exciting coffee shop ‘Scholars’.
You will plan and manage the development of all the catering provision for pupils, staff and special events, ensuring compliance with all health and safety requirements.
You will work with the Director of Finance and Business to develop an effective business plan.
The successful candidate will:
- Plan and oversee the preparation and presentation of all food to the required school’s standards
- Manage ordering of stock and equipment and oversee stock control
- Implement and review menu cycles regularly and promote theme days
- Have good communication skills and manage the catering team in a professional and friendly manner
- Ensure that all aspects of the Schools Financial Regulations are followed throughout the catering operation
- Maximise the full potential of the catering operation in terms of turnover and profitability
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly monitoring reports
- Ensure high quality food provision
We can offer you:
- A strong, highly committed team of staff with an ethos of tolerance and a family community spirit
- Training and development and our commitment to staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated
‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its Headteacher,
Mr Jason Carey
Applications and supporting letters to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 22nd October 2021 (Midday)
For further information and a full job description please contact Karen Lacey email@example.com
We reserve the right to call applicants to interview, and appoint, prior to the closing date
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.