This is a superb opportunity and a unique, interesting, exciting role for someone with the relevant experience and even more so, for someone with a passion for travel and music combined.
The role is a key customer-facing role, promoting our programme of UK and overseas events and festivals. Our core demographic is the 50+ market, so an understanding of selling to this client base will be an advantage.
We are a small team and you will be working closely with the marketing manager as well as the company directors. You will be encouraged to take ownership of your own work and drive sales via our existing customer database.
You will be expected to have a demonstrable level of skill and understanding of travel booking systems (particularly Traveltek) with a willingness to learn and develop as we also have our own bespoke group booking system that is unique to Harmony Voyages. Full training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Offer advice about a range of, Worldwide and European travel destinations including but not limited to all our festival holidays and cruises.
- Directly deal with customer enquiries via the telephone, email and/or face to face.
- Tailor-make holiday itineraries for independent enquiries.
- Participate in FAM trips to increase product knowledge.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of sector-specific offers and destinations.
- Be comfortable offering advice on an array of destinations.
- Provide a concierge service to customers, booking trips, airport lounges, car parking, extended stays.
- Maintain a customer-focused approach, offering exceptional service.
- Be comfortable with dynamic packaging ATOL bonded products.
- Work with our social media partner to develop targeted marketing campaigns.
- Participate in travel social events.
- Use personal knowledge and experience to add value to the sales process, building and costing itineraries to meet clients' requirements where necessary.
- Ensure that sales potential is maximised on all calls.
- Make and process bookings with accuracy and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will be from a travel agent or a tour operator background with a proven track record. Attractive salary, with commission, bonus and the opportunity to attend several events, both in the UK and overseas each year. Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work in the comfort of your own home.
All equipment will be provided.
The role is primarily remote but will involve some travel, both to our office in Lancashire, other UK destinations and overseas. Therefore, as well as the right to work in the UK, you must possess a current passport, be able and willing to travel several times per year, sometimes at short notice.
Due to the requirement for overseas travel, an NHS covid pass will be a requirement of the role as per current government legislation.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills
- Previous travel res experience - Essential
- Excellent communication and customer service skills - Essential
- Highly organised with a keen eye for detail - Essential
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced travel environment - Essential
- Understanding and working knowledge of Traveltek booking system - Desirable
- Ability to book complex and multi-sector itineraries - Essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and Teams - Desirable
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously from home - Essential
- Able to commit to a full-time or part-time flexible rota to include some weekends - Essential
- Drivers Licence - Desirable
- Passport - Essential