Gold Medal Travel is now recruiting for a Head of Product to support the delivery of our business objectives and product strategy. In this role you will lead a team of destination managers to define and deliver a clear destination strategy for each location in our ‘East’ portfolio. As well as defining the destination strategy, this will include planning, commercial performance, pricing, brochure production, knowledge building and product delivery to ensure we create a distinct competitor advantage for our B2B brand.
As Head of Product, you will work in partnership with your respective Head of Sales to review current performance, trading conditions and real time sales performance to ensure we deliver targets and budgets.
You should have previous tour operator experience including significant experience in a senior product management role where you worked with ground products including hotels, touring, rail and cruise. You should also hold existing strong relationships with these suppliers as well as with DMC’s, tourist boards and airlines.
This role will include UK and overseas travel.
To be considered for this role, you also need to have the following skills and experience:
• Detailed knowledge of designated area and travel market knowledge including competitor landscape
• Excellent communication skills, with ability to influence upwards and with peers and other stakeholders
• Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
• Strong people management and leadership skills (including coaching, training and motivating)
• Experience in managing significant workloads and prioritising where necessary
• Customer centric
• Numerate with strong analytical capabilities
• Capable of decision and problem solving
• Strong business and commercial acumen
• Resilience and determination to see through change, achieve success and see the business thrive
Gold Medal Travel is an award winning tour-operator with over 40 years’ experience in tailor-making holidays to worldwide destinations. We offer scheduled flights with the world’s leading airlines, thousands of worldwide hotels, car hire, camper-vans and many other exciting products around the world. The Gold Medal family includes Pure Luxury, Cruise Plus and Incredible Journeys. We are part of dnata Travel Group, part of the Emirates Group.
Our state of the art, flagship office is based in Leyland, only 10 minutes’ drive from junction 29 of the M6.
Our employees enjoy many benefits including life assurance, pension scheme, travel discounts, a free Taste Card, cycle-to-work scheme, industry/social events, on-site free car parking, on-site restaurant and break-out area with free wifi.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"