Founded in 1999, Rooster is the UK’s leading independent travel marketing & PR agency. Managing Director James Brooke leads a team of over 20 genuine, straight-talking, and creative communications experts.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic, expanding London agency on the promotion of Visit St. Pete/Clearwater, a Florida destination that boasts America’s best beaches. The successful candidate will also be exposed to a broad range of travel, consumer and lifestyle clients.
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Proactive and driven
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Sound organisational and planning skills
- Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Possess a strong work ethic and be a team player
- Prepared to travel within the UK & Ireland and internationally, particularly to Scandinavia and the US as required
- Minimum of one year in a similar role or working within the travel & tourism sector
What you’ll be doing:
- Educating the travel trade through training sessions and regular meetings on the destination
- Assist with in-market client visits and trade shows
- Build and manage relationships with key partners in the travel industry
- Working alongside great team members to deliver varied projects including co-op marketing campaigns with trade and airline partners
- Maintain and grow a database of engaged travel partners, communicating with them regularly via e-newsletters
- Arrange and manage familiarisation trips taking responsibility for the execution from start to finish
- Monitor the travel trade for information, stats and data that’s relevant to the client
- Provide reporting and recommendations from activity
- Plan and help manage operations and recruit attendees for events
What you’ll get from us:
As we’re an independent SME agency delivering award-winning results, every single person at Rooster is an essential asset, not only in contributing the necessary skills, creativity and work ethic, but in supporting and encouraging each other. We are committed to your development and will provide regular training and one-to-one mentorship to nurture you through your career at Rooster.
Competitive salary based on experience plus benefits package that includes:
- Private gym membership at The Ministry
- Health and wellbeing classes at The Ministry
- Private health cover
- 0% interest staff loans
- One month paid sabbatical after five years
- Bonus and commission schemes
- Two agency socials: Christmas and summer (based on business performance)
You’ll be based at our office at The Ministry, an amazing creative workspace with a swanky bar, café, terrace, cinema, sound studio and events space. The Ministry hosts free social events every week.
Tell us why you’re the person for this job. Send us your pitch, no longer than two paragraphs, by clicking "Apply" with your CV attached.
We will then shortlist candidates for an initial chat. We are ready to hire immediately!
No agencies please.