This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced travel trained professional to join the International Cricket Tours small team and take it to the top where it belongs.
Firstly please read the requirements - working in hotel reservations is not suitable - that is not what we are looking for.
Have you travelled or lived in Australia? Would you like to help our clients plan some great cricket holidays there? Do you love cricket?
International Cricket Tours is a fast growing specialist travel company. We sell tailor made holidays to Australia, New Zealand, Africa, West Indies and Sri Lanka to UK consumers, offering an excellent range of products, unrivalled destination knowledge and personal, friendly service. With an office based in Reading area. Flexible working an option.
To provide amazing holidays requires amazing people and we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and confident individual, who have extensively travelled in Australia to join us as Specialist Travel Consultant. You will be involved in planning, negotiating and executing group and tailor made trips to clients who love to follow the England team around the world.
As a professional travel specialist, you will work with our product manager and clients, mainly by telephone, offering advice, helping with their travel plans and creating a holiday experience that is just perfect for them.
Sales experience vital and passion for sports travel essential
· An enjoyable, interesting and rewarding position within the travel industry
· Comprehensive product and sales training
· A pleasant and friendly working environment
· Generous salary with sales bonuses and incentives (23-27k OTE)
· Familiarisation trips
· Discounted personal travel
· Opportunities to progress
To be successful, you will need:
· First-hand travelling/sales experience in Australia, with an understanding of the geography and culture of the region
· Confidence in dealing with people at all levels. 5 years Tailor made travel experience
· An excellent telephone manner
· Good organisation, administration and time management skills
· Education to degree standard or a relevant sales or business background
Must have a passion for and have in depth knowledge about Cricket
GDS experience - good working knowledge of Worldspan/Amadeus/Galileo
Minimum 5 years travel agency and or tour operation experience
Good written and spoken English plus relationship building skills
Ability to be away from home on tours
Product knowledge and personal travel to Australia and New Zealand
Computer literacy to the highest level in Word, Excel etc
Less essential requirements:
Strong tele sales skills and face to face customer service as client visits will be required.
Love of admin , tailor made experience
Accuracy – attention to detail.
Flexible working hours including evenings, weekend and bank holidays if required
Sense of humour, love of hard work
Happy to work in small business environment.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in a fun industry, contact us today by clicking "Apply"