The Commercial department (locations in Miami, US, Southampton, UK, Sydney, AU, Wiesbaden, DE) works cross-functionally to develop and deploy sourcing strategies, analyse market trends, review financial and operational performance, and provide objective feedback from critical analysis techniques. The department is responsible for revenue maximisation from International source markets through techniques including promotion and combinability management, tactical/strategic pricing, revenue development, revenue control and regular performance reviews with key decision makers. The department works as a direct support team to the Vice President, International Business and ensures international growth and maximization of revenues, aligned with the global strategy. This is a new role in the commercial team and will require a candidate that has extensive experience within Air Planning and/or relevant product/commercial experience. The position is based in the Southampton Office, UK.
- Support, steer and to lead the execution of the international Air strategy of NCL, through data driven decision making coupled with relevant industry & regional knowledge
- Drive incremental Air Revenues in international markets according to international plan, through pro-active sales/marketing steering, descriptive/predictive market performance analysis and monitor market developments to maximise international market opportunities in line with the global NCL company strategy
- Key contact for Air working with Snr Manager, Commercial & Business Planning International to optimise International price programs & promotions
- Responsible for setting, optimising, and maintaining bundled air pricing.
- Further development of Air Revenue management tools to reach international growth goals and assist in development of new source markets for future growth
- Maintain existing Air Revenue control activities/reports and identify opportunities for improvement
- Interpret data and trends and effectively communicate this in regular updates to senior management including wider business teams, participate in key steering meetings and influence the decision-making process through objective feedback from critical analysis
- Demonstrate a holistic approach to initiative planning and performance reviews and be able to apply objective challenge when necessary
- Assist in the development of International Air budgets/forecasts and maintain reports to monitor performance. Take a lead role in the formation of partner incentive programmes and targets performing financial rigor and due diligence. Identify gaps in current reporting and work with local/reporting teams to enhance existing or develop new reports.
Responsibilities: Commercial & Air Planning
- Support Snr Manager, Commercial & Business Planning in the execution of the International Air strategy, working closely with operational teams to ensure accurate pricing and inventory management as well as effective execution of promotional strategies:
- Support in the day-to-day management of the Air product and revenues for the international markets collaborating with local teams to identify, investigate and action opportunities to maximise revenues for NCL.
- Support the delivery of the promotional strategy, including the management of price and inventory.
- Ensure alignment between commercial, revenue & operational teams on Air Revenue strategy.
- Collaborate directly with leadership and International Business Unit Owners to ensure execution along the international targets/plans.
- Interpretation of historical data to better understand changes that have occurred in a business (Descriptive analytics).
- Use historical data and analytical techniques/models to forecasts expected outcomes, use these techniques to inform wider NCL budgets/targets as well as local Sales/partner targets (Predictive analytics).
- Pro-actively drive demand, business, revenue maximisation, and identify additional revenue opportunities for international markets with a firm understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Define market needs and develop the right revenue management toolbox for the development of individual international markets (e.g. deployment, pricing framework, promotion, reporting) in line with correct timing according to booking curves.
- Continually identify opportunities to grow Air Revenues, including working with Airlines/Air Operations team to leverage Overrides, Charters & Nego Fare Blocks.
- Be an advocate for revenue controls, actively assess the benefits of opportunities/initiatives with a balanced approach against the backdrop of the wider NCL global sourcing strategy.
- Be an active stakeholder in short to midterm strategies for additional NCL ancillary products in international markets.
- Conduct competitive analysis on a regular basis regarding pricing, terms and conditions, campaigns and product features (e.g. itineraries, onboard services).
- Work closely with sales, marketing & guest services to coordinate opportunities.
- Effectively communicate commercial results using these to influence business decisions and actively participate in performance reviews
- Use data to drive decisions and be an advocate for the planning, implementation, and review process.
- Demonstrate a holistic approach to initiative planning and performance reviews and be able to apply objective challenge when necessary.
- Assess business performance, effectively communicate this and provide recommendations to drive improvements.
- Continuously identify new techniques to analyse data / proactively drive further development of the team’s data analytics capabilities (e.g. new data sources, external data sources).
- Participate on weekly meetings as needed, positioning international relevant topics in these meetings and internally communicate results or other important general information.
- Assist in the preparation of the international annual budget & quarterly forecasts and translate into regional targets to a varying degree of detail, i.e. revenues & passengers by ships / products / markets and develop, maintain and generate reports and tools to monitor the budgets and forecasts to ensure NCL achieves its strategic company goals.
- Prepare and enhance weekly KPI reports regarding sales results and business status guide and steer local teams through analytical support on the backdrop of the international plan and maintain the analytics needed to drive international growth against the agreed budgets.
- Support in various analysis concerning market development & performance, analyse booking curves and data (e.g. type of customer - market segmentation) and initiate activities in cooperation with sales and marketing monitoring and reporting on these activities and return on investment.
- Production and interpretation of ad-hoc reports and analysis to support business decisions, be able to effectively communicate complex analysis to convey the correct message.
- Development and update of different databases.
- Complete Annual ATOL & CARR submissions.
- Participate or coordinate various project work as required.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with various internal departments and external stakeholder.
- Be the expert and key contact for all aspects of the Commercial & Air Planning International.
- Maintain an effective working knowledge of industry trends.
- Support Change Control process for international markets and provide relevant input.
- Flexibility in working times to attend frequent meetings.
- Willing to travel domestically to participate in key external meetings.
- Willing to travel internationally to participate in key meetings/workshops.
Knowledge and Experience:
- University or business school degree in business administration, finance/accounting, tourism management or comparable.
- Comparable tourism experience and/ or experience of working in a commercial, financial and or product environment in an analytical role.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with Air/Air components to drive revenue
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong attention to detail with the ability to convey complex information.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel & working with database software e.g. Tableau, SQL Developer, Business Objects, Hyperion. Knowledge of SQL query language is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & excellent knowledge of English language (Business fluent).
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently and under pressure whilst using own initiative.
- Dedicated and flexible with a strong drive to deliver and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with senior members of management.
*If you do not hear back from us in five working days of sending us your application, it means that on this occasion you have not been successful*