At a glance
We know our success is driven by our exceptional people. We are in the business of creating amazing holiday experiences. The type of holidays that people have always dreamt of doing. We bring those dreams to life and are the trusted friends of our loyal customers.
Our Sales & Service team combine their passion for our customers and their expertise for our holidays to carefully ensure our customers receive a seamless & exceptional service at every stage of their journey with us.
We believe in being a truly customer and colleague centric business. We expect our team to really understand our holidays, so you’ll get the chance to visit some of our wonderful destinations. These trips are hard work, but you’ll see some amazing things and enjoy really unique experiences. Our office in Wallington, Surrey is focussed and results driven, but lots of fun. Full of like-minded people who are all in the business of creating these amazing experiences.
As a Sales & Customer Service Executive within our Customer division, you will be responsible for carefully listening to our customers, building a relationship with them and then maximising service and sales opportunities. This will be primarily over the phone, but sometimes via LiveChat, email, video chat or face-to-face at events. We pride ourselves on really understanding our holidays and our customers and matching their requirements to the perfect trip, something our customers will always remember.
Through all of this, you will have the customer at the heart of your thinking and constantly driving a sales through service approach.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting customers and travel agent partners, primarily after they have made their original booking with any queries or questions they have.
- Carefully listen to customers and really get to know them, to make recommendations for their perfect holiday with us.
- Maximise your sales through a service-led approach. This includes the opportunity to drive incremental up-sell products such as higher room categories, pre-booked excursions, travel insurance or airport car parking.
- Supporting both sales & after sales customer service enquiries, as we are all one team.
- Be aware always of how you are performing and strive to always do better.
- Take responsibility for your own learning, always seeking out new ways to learn and grow, for your own and the companies benefit.
- Be open to giving and receiving great feedback from your managers and peers with a view to improving your performance.
- Achieve pre set KPI’s including, but not limited to, call handling time, conversion, revenue and service.
- Be solutions focussed, always finding ways to do things better for our customers, our business and our colleagues.
Who we are looking for
- Someone with a huge passion for people, both colleagues and customers and who wants to deliver amazing service
- Previous sales & service experience is necessary, preferably in travel
- Previous experience in travel is desirable, as well as working with tour operating systems or GDS’
- Flexible to work over a seven day period, including evenings and weekends
What we're offering
We will provide you with a wonderful opportunity to be part of the exciting return to travel within a hugely passionate, dedicated team with a proven track record of success. We will invest in you, help you develop and provide you with the opportunities to achieve career goals, coach and nurture whilst providing all the tools possible to have a positive impact at Newmarket Holidays. The post comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 33 days' paid holiday per year
- Friends and family discount on holidays
- Open-plan South London/Surrey office with a friendly team and regular socials
- Flexible working arrangements with a hybrid model of office and working from home, or fully home-based with monthly visits to head office for training etc.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eyecare scheme
Please note that we are looking for this role to ideally start on/around 1st December 2021.
Please send your CV with your covering note including your availability to start and salary expectations to our People and Culture Manager, Nikki Bail. (No agencies, please.)
As an equal opportunities employer, Newmarket Holidays is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Newmarket Holidays.