Job Title: Access to travel - Travel Consultant
Hours: 37.5 hours per week on a rota basis
We are looking for Sales and Customer service professionals who have a passion to work in the travel industry. We are offering the opportunity to join our successful team by completing a 6 month training program which will support you on your journey to become a successful travel consultant in store.
Initial Inductions will be for 6 weeks via Zoom from home and you will need your own computer or laptop, Microphone and camera to complete the full induction with us.
You will have a proven sales track record, a can do attitude to work towards achieving sales targets and your own personal development. You will need effective questioning and listening skills to help our customers plan, choose and successfully book their holidays.
Working as part of a team you will support the business through social media, events and maintaining relationships with existing customers.
Our customers are at the forefront of everything we do so exceptional customer service experience is required.
- Willingness to participate and deliver training appropriate to own development
- Effectively performing administrative duties and follow processes accurately
- Attend all mandatory training to ensure successful completion of the travel academy program
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Identifying and meet customers’ needs
- Use social media to promote offers, generating customer engagement and sales leads
- Participating in promotional events and activities to increase exposure of the branch
- Achieving individual and team sales targets
- Assisting with the day-to-day operation of the branch
- Ability to work towards individual and team sales targets
- Good communication skills and customer service experience
- Good accuracy and numerical skills
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude with a commitment to contribute to the growth of the business
- Competent IT Skills
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Experience of working in a sales position – travel not essential
- Enthusiasm about travel and tourism
- Good presentation skills
- Customer focussed
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Can do attitude to learning
Our SMILE values are embedded in to our company. You will ensure that the Hays Travel values are demonstrated at all times and that others follow this standard you will show your ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our values in the workplace.
To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
To conform with all company policies and procedures including health and safety
To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect
This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved