Summary of main responsibilities
- Management of the Play Park, the Community Halls and Futures Cafe
- Ensure day to day standards are maintained and that the Play Park, Community Halls & Futures Cafe operates to the highest level at all times including, health and safety and fire procedures.
- Good entrepreneurial and marketing skills to deliver one operation across the 3 areas of Futures Fun Factory and Futures Halls & Futures Cafe (FFF & FH, FC).
- Financial management, including costings and budget control.
- Marketing, party bookings and venue hire, catering
- To increase income and Usage of all areas of operations, returning a profit for the organisation.
- To ensure sustainable growth of FFF, FH & FC business through a planned programme.
- To develop future strategies for FFF, FH & FC and help identify and secure support and funding to deliver the strategy.
- To ensure fixtures, fittings and equipment of FFF, FH & FC are maintained, repaired, cleaned etc. to comply with both internal policies & procedures and requirements of external regulators including Health & Safety regulations.
- To manage Staff, Casuals and Volunteers
- Monitor sales and stocks on an on-going basis including monthly stock checks. Re-Word
- Ensure FFF & FC stock deliveries are received correctly and logged into stock system and segregation of duties is maintained.
- Review all suppliers and prices on an ongoing basis to ensure value.
- Complete Purchase Orders, Over-see and chase any outstanding Purchase Orders.
- Oversee smooth cash handling and till operations including card transactions, carrying out regular till checks and identifying and addressing any cash differences, including holding relevant staff responsible.
- Sending invoices for payment to customers for Halls and Fun Factory Bookings.
- Ensure that all financial procedures are carried out correctly as required by MFF Finance and that sales reconciliation and banking is done regularly, at least once a month.
- Prepare staff rotas to facilitate the most efficient service whilst avoiding toil and minimising costs.
- Ensure regular staff meetings are organised for staff and produce written meeting notes and actions
- Deliver the best practice in the design and delivery of activities for Futures Halls, Fun Factory and Café.
- Manage the work, performance, personal appraisals and development of staff in the team where appropriate.
- Promote and practice relevant health and safety and fire safety standards in line with MFF and other statutory regulators for Futures Halls, Fun Factory and Futures Cafe
- Working with the CEO produce budgets for Futures Halls, Fun Factory and Futures Cafe ahead of the new financial year taking into consideration potential expenses for maintenance and replacement of any equipment.
- Build the team capacity, ensuring adequate staff for the expected levels of business is maintained for Futures Halls, Fun Factory and Futures Cafe.
- Ensure that timely purchase orders are completed.
- Keep the venue as busy as possible during off peak times through effective marketing of party bookings and venue hire. In line with this, liaise with external clients and plan and deliver food and drinks menu for special events and private hire.
- Ensure staff deliver a professional and friendly customer service at all times and that they are fully briefed on the rules, menu, special offers and other relevant information.
- Promote parties, events and offers, ensuring posters and marketing materials are available.
- Develop and maintain effective liaison with all partners and improve the efficiency of both Futures Halls and Fun Factory.
- Maintain effective internal coordination and cooperation within Futures Cafe, the Fun Factory and MFF team.
Reports and Monitoring
- Produce comprehensive monitoring data and accurate reports, keep records and undertake monitoring an evaluation at regular intervals that accurately reflect the increase in sales for Futures Halls, Fun Factory and Futures Cafe.
- Ensure that all expenditure, outputs, as well as outcomes are in line with agreed and approved processes and guidelines/policies of MFF.
- Prepare budgets at least three months ahead of the financial year for Futures Fun Factory, Futures Halls and Futures Café with assistance from the MFF Finance.
- Successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.
- To make presentations on the work of the project externally and internally as necessary; contribute to corporate reports, documents, presentations, evaluations and other centrally prepared activities.
- As an MFF employee, attend meetings as required, including committee meetings and specialist forums; attend training sessions in line with work reviews and as agreed with the Chief Executive.
This list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out any other reasonable duties.
Full Job Description Attached
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"