The Head of Food and Beverage will manage the day to day running of the Food and Beverage Department, responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety (including Food Safety) and ensure financial profitability of the catering operation at Town Hall and Symphony Hall.
To ensure compliance with health and safety (including HACCP, COSSH and allergen regulations), security and licencing objectives and kitchen compliance. To maintain a knowledge of these company obligations and contract external support when required.
- Managing P&L and have full accountability for delivering financial targets set for the Food and Beverage Team (including payroll management)
- Accountable for training and development of all Food and Beverage staff
- Ensuring robust cash handling procedures are in place, till reconciliations and banking are accurate whilst ensuring all relevant documentation in relation to financial recordings are given to the Finance Department in a timely manner
- Procurement of third-party suppliers such as till supplier, app supplier etc. and maintaining those relationships
- Produce accurate tender documentation for any relevant tendering opportunities
- Manage third party relationships with external catering providers or contract caterers
- Develop new concepts for food and beverage (including café and hospitality) including collaborating to design the offerings.
- Recruitment and training of new team members
- Liaison with Commercial Hires event clients to ascertain all food and beverage requirements
- To work with the marketing team to create a robust sales and marketing plan for the food and beverage offering with a view to increasing spend per head, encouraging returning custom, creating new footfall (for the daily café operation) and improve profitability
- Implement initiatives to drive top-line sales in food and beverage operation
- Maintain cost controls across the department with a focus on bottom-line profitability
- Manage existing supplier and brand contracts and identify new suppliers and products and ensuring gross profit margins are maintained (and targets achieved) for food and beverage
- Ability to forecast and work with Finance Department to create budgets
- Act as a player-manager supporting the Food and Beverage at concerts and events
- Produce and implement Standard Operating Procedures for the department and minimum standards.
- Manage the team, carrying out performance reviews, set KPI and targets for all direct reports and some support staff