Reporting to the National Sales Manager - Trade
, the Sales Executive - Trade
will be responsible for developing both the North West of England
and the London Stansted
catchment areas and will have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of our company sales proposition, targets, strategy, and objectives. You will be responsible for communicating this via an effective channel to Trade Partners, raising product awareness, the brand profile, gaining incremental business in line with company targets with these partners.
This is a field-based
position promoting Jet2holidays
building trade relationships, managing individual accounts and being accountable for arranging and attending key events throughout the year. The role is field based and the successful candidate will live in the North West of England.
This will be the primary catchment area for the role. In addition to this a hybrid style of working will be adopted to manage the further catchment area of London Stansted. This will be achieved by a mixture of face to face and virtual appointments with key Independent Travel Agents.
Key duties will include:
- Identifying and proactively developing new marketing opportunities within the travel trade.
- With the support and guidance from the National Sales Manager - Trade implement existing agreements and ensure Jet2holidays are always "front of mind" with business owners and counter staff.
- Visiting key agents on a regular basis with the purpose of growing our trade business together.
- Establishing new contacts within the travel trade whilst developing and maintaining existing relationships, including Regional Sales Managers, Airport BDMs, Tourist boards and hotel suppliers.
- Build and maintain a call plan which results in maximising the time spent selling Jet2holidays to travel agents.
- Promote and install marketing material wherever possible in order to generate a call to action from the customer - e.g. window displays, social media posters etc.
- You will be required to work weekends, bank holidays and evenings and be willing to attend Jet2holidays promotional events, exhibitions, hospitality events, trade dinners and conferences.
- Monitoring competitor activity to ensure that the management team are informed in a timely manner of all changes that will impact upon the business.
- Preparation of detailed reports including where, when, and who visited, and feedback in a timely manner any relevant information and recommendations that could have a positive impact upon the business.
- Implement staff training and presentations to trade partners as required.
- Communicate clearly and factually any operational and customer service issues that you may encounter.
- With the support and guidance from your National Sales Managers - Trade, implement development plans for key accounts, this should include targets, timescales and strategy, Monitor and measure the results.
- Build and maintain relationships with employees and teams from Jet2holidays.
- Be aware of key accounts and conduct monthly meetings with them.
- Be aware of accounts that have protentional to become a key account, grow, mentor and develop their business.
Key experience / skills:
Ideally have experience within the leisure travel industry.Must have the ability to close a deal and deliver noticeable results in line with Jet2holidays targets.Must have an outgoing and friendly personality.Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Can work both alone or as part of a team.Self-motivated and result driven.Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft 365 including EXCEL and WORD.Result focused with successful track record of delivering targets.Good negotiating skills.Flexible approach to working as this role will involve weekend and evening work.
In return, we offer an excellent salary and benefits package
with fantastic opportunities for progression
in a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting forward-thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 10 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday with Jet2.com