The JG Travel Group is a leading provider of group travel offering exciting and diverse value for money tours, ranging from short breaks, classic seaside resort holidays, heritage tours, London theatre breaks/ attractions, and European holidays, including Cruises, through a number of distinct brands. A private equity backed business with plans to further develop and expand, we are looking to recruit a creative and highly experienced Head of Product.
Reporting to the Director of Product & Operations, this exciting position will play a pivotal role in the management team, to influence and steer the company’s future activity and growth by creating and delivering the product strategy.
We are looking for a strong and innovative product manager with experience at a senior level in UK and EU tour product development. Detailed knowledge of the travel sector and industry with a high level of commerciality, the right candidate will have first class leadership and relationship skills, with a solid grounding in product/ tour creation and development. Specific accountabilities include:
- To deliver the product strategy and volume plan in line with the overall Strategic Plan, seek out and lead the way in enhancing our product portfolio even wider, in an agile and innovative way.
- Lead the “First to Market” mentality across the product portfolio.
- Innovate & design interesting, experiential and often unique itineraries across all product ranges using a variety of transport methods that drive customer engagement and sales.
- Responsible for rapid product development and commercial success of the product plan; overseeing tour costs and driving agility to market.
- Ensure product stock levels are in line with budget aspirations at all times.
- Monitor sales for each product category, and make timely and relevant recommendations in respect of product to ensure achievement of sales targets.
- Ensure that daily operations within the department are streamlined and consistently deliver and fulfil the needs of our internal and external stakeholders.
- Constantly review the competition and the travel industry to ensure we are at the forefront of product ideas, innovation, pricing and review the product plan against this.
- Regularly keep a focus on customer feedback obtained by the company and adapt and or improve tours where appropriate.
- Manage and oversee the Product Managers, Product Support and Hotel Contracts teams, ensuring optimum team performance.
- Set individual performance targets/standards for delivery, efficiency and quality
- Coach, train and motivate staff to ensure optimum performance and the highest customer service standards are maintained
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of all product element costs and performance analysis associated with all products so that margins are maintained that deliver the budget.
- Work closely with the Marketing teams to ensure appropriate channels to market are used for each product category/ tour and that all mailings/ activity (including copy, images and production/launch deadlines) enable sales in line with plan.
- Liaise closely with the Sales team on sales focus, new products coming, consolidation, and ticket stock liabilities to help optimise opportunities.
- Liaise with Head of Customer Contact on customer delivery matters.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners; specifically, work with the Head of Reservations to ensure the team are fully briefed and trained to be able to effectively sell all products.
- Liaise with other Managers to ensure the Product area is up to date with all areas of the business and any issues that have an effect on the unit are resolved.
- Record statistics and performance levels reporting regularly on key information in relation to SLAs and KPIs to the Director of Product & Operations.
- Regularly attend Trade events and actively network with external bodies, to promote our brands and to source opportunities for future products/ partners.
- Enable and promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, demonstrating initiative to fully understand the needs and expectations of our customers, while delivering innovative products across all our different brands. A strong planner and organiser with a sharp focus on costs and the bottom line, combined with the ability to develop and direct an experienced product team, this is a hugely exciting opportunity for someone to be part of shaping the future success of this company.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and attributes for this role please send your CV and letter of application to Helen Moylan/ HR Director by clicking "Apply" without delay.
NO AGENTS PLEASE