Assistant Cluster Meetings and Events Sales Manager
Imperial Hotels London
40 hours a week (Flexible 5/ 7 days)
£30,000 - £35,000 (Dependant on experience) + Benefits
In joining our team, you’ll be immediately welcomed into the Imperial London Hotels (ILH) family where we have a rich history of 175 years of hospitality experience creating unique guest experiences.
Our seven hotels are all located in the heart of Bloomsbury, Central London. From our charming 34-bedroom boutique Morton Hotel to our largest and lively Royal National hotel with a huge 1630-bedrooms, there is a role here for everyone from Housekeeper to Sous Chef and Shift Engineer to Hotel General Manager.
Collectively our 7 hotels represent one of Europe’s largest conference centres with the space, facilities and flexibility to accommodate a roundtable discussion for 6 people to a large conference attended by over 700 delegates within our 24 meeting rooms.
We are now recruiting for an Assistant Cluster Meeting and Events Sales Manager.
In this newly created role as Assistant Cluster Meetings & Events Sales Manager you’ll report to the Cluster M&E Sales Manager to assist in the implementation of our meeting and events strategy to achieve our hotel meeting and events revenue targets ensuring that all conference, meetings and group activities are coordinated within client expectations.
What you’ll be doing
As Assistant Cluster Meetings and Events Sales Manager your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Deputise in absence of Cluster M&E Sales Manager, you will establish key relationships with clients ensuring maximum exposure of ILH and increase revenue and profits through commercial pricing and setting of selling strategies.
- Drives day-to-day sales activity through lead generation, account management and developing new contacts by personal and consistent sales services through arranging show arounds and converting enquiries into sales.
- Coach and develop a team of 4 (8) M&E Sales Executives and M&E Coordinators, assigning daily workload, empowering and developing your team to be the best and deliver the best.
- Completes forecast, plans and productivity reports for management, and participates in preparation of department operating budget and financial plans.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to improve customer experience by seeking customer feedback and develops strategies to improve department and hotel services.
- Monitor status/ rate grid regularly and adjusts strategies appropriately, ensuring that sold business is aligned within company yield management strategies.
- Works in cooperation with all hotel operations and departments such as Marketing and Group sales to ensure appropriate communication channels are used to promote M&E facilities and services are marketed effectively to clients encouraging them to make ILH their first choice for M&E.
- Acts as a brand ambassador for ILH brand all times and is fully knowledgeable on all 7 hotel M&E facilities available.
What we’d like from you
- You will have proven experience gained in meetings and events management, ideally from within the Hospitality sector
- Experience of sales and negotiation skills
- Commercially focused with good knowledge of local trends and competitor activity.
- Confident and engaging manner with the ability to build rapport and trust at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- You will have excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and adapt to changing priorities
- Acts as brand ambassador for Imperial London Hotels promoting a professional image at all times.
What you’ll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service up to 33 days
- Reward and recognition schemes including discounts across a number of high street brands
- 30% discount to friends and family at our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy to support your career development and growth.
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events.
- Free Meals on Duty
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets