Working as part of and leading the Support Services team at Goodenough College, the overall Purpose of the Role is to enhance the customer experience by effectively carrying out a range of duties in accordance with the client service level agreement and company standards & procedures
- Supervise a team of approximately 10 staff
- Allocate daily duties to the team
- Respond to client and student requests via email
- Ensure vacated rooms are cleaned, prepared and ready in line with KPIs
- To conduct and complete regular cleaning and quality audits and checks to ensure quality & productivity standards are achieved
- Conduct regular building walk-arounds/spot-checks across 2 buildings
- Recruit, train and develop the team to ensure they have the required skills to do their jobs safely and well
- To engage the team to achieve their performance targets through regular team meetings and performance reviews
- To manage the team in line with company procedures including conducting return to work interviews and disciplinary investigations as appropriate
- To complete rotas, timesheets, wages & other paperwork as required ensuring that cleaning schedules are in line with the requirements of the operation
- Control costs within your area e.g. labour, equipment & stock levels to ensure they are delivered within the agreed budget
- To carry out general cleaning duties as required
- To comply with any reasonable requests made by your Line Manager
- To work flexibly and attend off site meetings and training courses as required
This post has supervisory responsibilities
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Facilities Management Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and it is designed to learn and understand how to support the range of operations. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.
- Previous supervisory or management in house-keeping/facilities management or staff supervision, or both
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including COSHH
- Committed to high levels of customer care
- Good numerical and written skills
- Good people management and communication skills
- Experience working in a commercial or healthcare cleaning environment
- IT literate
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending off site meetings
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a hands-on approach as necessary
- Punctual and reliable
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to work
- Able to demonstrate and explain working practices to new starters.
- Able to organise own day-to-day work
- Able to perform any reasonable and practical instructions as requested by the Supervisor appropriate to the needs of the Hospital
- Able to develop good lines of communication and relationships at all levels within your team and with other colleagues and customers
- DBS check will be required
Apprentice Housekeeping Team Leader
SALARY: £12.00 per hour
LOCATION: Goodenough College, Melkenburgh Square, London. WC1N 2AB
REPORTING TO: Jenny Perry
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 08:00-16:30 - 5 days out of 7 per week (alternating weekends)
DURATION: Minimum 18-21 months
Do you have a real passion for providing exceptional support services and team leader qualities? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice House-Keeping / Supervisor to join our team at Goodenough College, London.
Full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for someone wanting a career change or who is ready for the next stage in their career. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over an 18-21 month period you will have completed a Facilities Management Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has a vision to enhance the customer experience and reputation of ESS by effective management and supervision of the cleaning team, equipment and resources ensuring the cleaning operation is in accordance with the client service level agreement and company standards & procedures.