Are you looking for a role where you rarely have to work late nights?
What about working predominately Monday to Friday, with opportunity for overtime?
We're currently recruiting for a Chef to work as part of a small friendly team to help us create exceptional food experiences for ESS on a full time basis. As a Chef, you will be responsible for preparing and serving the kind of food that truly brightens our clients' and customers' days, all within the market-leading food service company in the UK. In ESS you'll get given every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your passion and culinary skill to ESS? Here's what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food services
- Listening and acting on customer feedback to consistently improve our food services
- Supporting with the creation of new menus and creative food concepts
- Representing ESS and maintaining a positive brand image
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Complying with Food Handling, Hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
Our ideal Chef will:
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Hold a City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent
- Have experience in a similar Chef role
- Hold a Food Hygiene certificate
- Have a flexible approach to working
- £12.75 per hour, 40 hours per week
- Based in Reading
- Compass exclusive offers on Perks at Work
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Are you a chef looking for a quality work life balance creating great food whilst joining a company that invests in its people, recognises great work when they see it and provides plenty of opportunities for career growth? Then look no further because here at ESS we know that when people are happy and satisfied it shines through!
At ESS we believe a successful career starts with passion, creativity and positivity. As one big family, our people are proud of what we do, we offer career opportunities and the chance to work across many different sectors.