Compass Group UK & Ireland is the world’s leading Caterer, feeding multiple demographics in a variety of different business sectors in restaurants & coffee shops in some of the most prestigious locations in the UK & Ireland. More than half of our revenue comes directly from consumers, making us a retail business the size of Greggs in the UK.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Profit Protection Analyst to provide specialist and expert analysis to identify dishonest, malicious and process loss activity across the business. This is an exciting chance to specialise in data mining to identify fraudulent activity during live events at some of the most iconic sporting venues around the UK.
This role will work proactively with the Profit Protection, Operations and Central Finance teams to prevent fraud and financial loss within all sectors by identifying, analysing and reporting on exceptional activity and trends. You will use data mining techniques to detect and interpret the data relating to stock, cash, epos, purchasing, payroll and expenses. You will support investigations into losses through criminal activity or non-compliance to company processes, creating case files, investigation referrals and statements to the standard required for successful prosecution. The incumbent will also support the field Profit Protection team with management information and with investigations and provide a monthly MI reporting suite to the business to drive action and maximise financial performance..
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
• Proactively investigate trends in data and highlight potential areas of focus and further investigation.
• Monitor and analyse all KPI statistics to look for trends and exceptional activity.
• Respond promptly to requests for data from key stakeholders in order to facilitate investigations into financial and stock loss.
• Collate and present relevant information and evidence from multiple sources effectively
• Responsible for identifying cases of internal and external dishonesty and breaches of procedure.
• To liaise with third parties, suppliers and external bodies as required to support investigations.
• To support the reporting of criminal activity to the police ensuring the appropriate documents are provided for the evidence file.
• Manage the Profit Protection Incident Reporting tool to ensure all cases are recorded and trends are identified.
• Escalation and investigation where metrics are not in line with expectations, getting to the root cause and providing recommendations for procedural improvements.
• Manage multiple data analysis of exceptions in a timely manner.
• Respond to external trends by analysing and interrogating business data.
• Present data and findings in a clear, readable format that is easily understood by all end users
A minimum of 3 years in a similar loss prevention or profit protection role within a retail business.
Experienced in using InteliQ or similar data mining tool to identify potential loss, theft and fraud.
Ability to analyse, evaluate and prioritise information
Experienced in carrying out detailed and complex investigations including formal statements, contemporaneous note taking and investigative interviewing.
Industry recognised investigative, note taking and report writing training.
Ability to influence and challenge at different levels from unit colleague to senior managers.
Excellent training and coaching abilities.
Detailed and proven knowledge and experience of a similar compliance / Profit Protection role.
Thorough knowledge of key shrinkage indicators
- £Competitive salary per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution