Compass Group Plc (Compass) is a £20 billion turnover, global organisation and the world’s leading provider of food and support services. With operations across seven key business areas (Foodservice; Support Services; Business & Industry; Healthcare & Seniors; Education; Sports & Leisure; and Defence, Offshore & Remote), Compass serves customers in offices and factories; schools and universities; hospitals and senior living communities; major sports and cultural venues; and remote mining camps and offshore platforms.
The Technology Business Partner will work with a portfolio of business sectors and supporting functions to develop a robust technology roadmap which enables the Compass UK & Ireland business strategy.
They will work together with internal IT departments, key 3rd party strategic partners and the wider business to ensure the technology change roadmap extracts the value out of existing or new potential solutions for UK & Ireland.
They will hold the IT business relationship and be accountable for the end-to-end IT experience for their portfolio. Whilst the IT partner will maintain a strategic focus, they need to ensure the existing IT services and solutions are being delivered as required, working with various internal IT departments and 3rd parties to take any remedial actions as appropriate. They should see themselves as representing the business within IT and therefore a ‘Champion’ of Business needs.
Working in the Compass UK&I Digital & Technology (“D&T”) Team, the Technology Business Partner’s mission is to enable the delivery of business value and benefits through technology. The Technology Business Partner has overall responsibility to serve as the strategic interface for D&T with assigned business units or functional areas as follows.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management – Develop and maintain high-performing and valued stakeholder relationships, enabling you to (either reactively or proactively) act as a trusted advisor on business challenges or opportunities, and related technology strategy. ‘’Walking Towards a Vacuum’’ - Monitor and address problem areas inside, or impactful on success in, your business unit responsibilities.
- Demand Pipeline Management – Continually gather, maintain and monitor stakeholder business strategies (and informed priorities) and related technology needs. Proactively share knowledge of risks and opportunities (business and technology) to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. Be effective at mobilising Demand ensuring adherence to D&T governance regimes and standards.
- Strategic Planning & Certainty of Resource – Be effective at securing resources for future change programmes (for instance budget cycle). Ensure the Technology roadmaps remain relevant for business or function and the associated capital investment plans are in place to deliver the business demands.
- Best Practice Business Partnering – Continually monitor, evaluate and progress relevant Business Partnering methodologies and techniques to better help Compass achieve it’s strategic objectives. Apply the same rigour to contribute to the continual improvement of the broader D&T Change Delivery capability.
Compass looking for an experienced IT Business Partner for the HR & Finance business units, with excellent consultancy skills. You’ll have excellent time management and prioritisation skills as there is a high volume of work requests. You’ll engage with a variety of stakeholders and be involved in ongoing process improvements, so the ability to adapt to change is important.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong ‘subject matter expertise’ & a maturity in approach when engaging with and supporting the IT Leadership team & the wider business in general.
- The job holder must have excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills to articulate ideas and thoughts clearly through various means, including written and oral communications with all levels of the organisation.
- Possess excellent organisational & analytical skills with an ability to work independently.
- A ‘can do' attitude with a proven ability to work at pace and drive change in an organisation.
- Ability to work on their own, to meet project timelines and drive out resolutions to problems.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving abilities with the necessary urgency and responsiveness to incidents, problems and their resolution
- An organised working practice with a mature and calm approach to all user situations
- Ability to write clear procedures including technical and user documentation
- Knowledge of fundamental HR and Finance processes.
- Knowledge of Workforce Management processes.
- Knowledge of business partnering and relationship management principles.
- Knowledge of SuccessFactors modules and processes.
- Knowledge of SAP.
- £Competitive salary per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution