Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Foodbuy were awarded the contract to procure food for the NHS in 2018 and we now have a dedicated team in place to focus on public sector procurement and delivering the requirements and ultimately savings for the NHS
Purchasing food for over 150 NHS Trusts across England is no mean feat, which is why we need someone to help us succeed. We have a great opportunity for a Junior Buyer to join the NHS Supply Chain Food Governance & Compliance team. The role is integral to the future development of our capability, and therefore critical to our success.
As a Buyer in the Governance & Compliance team you will be supported by the G&C Lead in the creation of sourcing strategies for a number of food categories, completion of tender documentation, publication, evaluation and award of procurements in line with Public Contract Regulations 2015, which will be a key enabler for how we can drive value into the NHS.
- You will be able to drive value through innovative procurement solutions whilst including flexibility to drive savings and opportunities for the NHS.
- You must have the knowledge and ability to provide sourcing insight through a variety of tools to deliver cost saving opportunities through our strategic sourcing programmes.
- You will have the ability to execute best practice sourcing and procurement processes.
- You will conduct industry analysis to support business stakeholders and communicate that knowledgeable along with a confident understanding of the market place and provide proactive insight to medium and long-term potential sourcing strategies.
- Be able to create a close positive working relationship with our Category Development teams and work in tandem on an ongoing basis to maximise knowledge and output of our procurement exercises.
- Possess the ability to identify and recommend sourcing opportunities through analytical insight and be accountable for the results and outputs of your sourcing programmes.
- You will ensure a safe supply chain for our clients and the NHS.
- You will be passionate about your role and motivated to ensure that we deliver value to our client.
- You will be a great communicator who will be able to develop strong relationships with all stakeholders and be able to work cross functionally to ensure we deliver for our client.
In return, we offer each individual clearly defined career pathways, L&D programmes and progression opportunities to support you in your long-term career aspirations.
- Procurement experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work with a number of data platforms and systems
- Previous experience creating Sourcing Strategies
- Experience of running Tendering activities end to end
- Commercial acumen
- Accountability for results – passionate about results and delivery
- Self-motivated, organised and efficient
- Flexible and agile, and can deal with changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with multi-level stakeholders
- Ability to address obstacles in a positive manner
- Ability to analyse and evaluate requirements and feedback recommendations to stakeholders
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point and Management Information Systems
- Comfortable working in a pressurised, deadline driven environment
- Experience with Jaggaer or other procurement platforms
- MS Excel and MS Access competency
- Cognos competency
- Public Sector procurement experience
- Experience in the food industry
- Educated to Degree level or CIPs qualifications
- Experience of change programmes to deliver benefits
- £Competitive salary per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution