Are you an ambitious and customer orientated Buyer or Procurement professional, driven to develop a career within a FTSE 100 organisation?
We are looking for a commercially driven Category Development Buyer Iwith experience with Indirects to join our Services, Equipment and Supplies team. This role plays an integral part in the development of the category and ultimately the overall success of Foodbuy.
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients to buy food and non-food. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them time and money, enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Our clients and colleagues are at the very heart of what we do, to achieve this, we employ exceptional people who can demonstrate our leading behaviors and core values. Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland (who are our parent company and largest client), we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. You will be working amongst our team of procurement professionals driving us forward. Our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.
This role sits in the Indirect Category and encompasses Merchant Services, HR, L&D, Marketing & Events, Travel, IT Professional Services and Print. These are crucial categories for our Compass client, some of which are greenfield opportunities. With all areas, you will be engaging with senior stakeholders across the business, winning hearts and minds, and ensuring any solution we deliver in this space truly adds value. This is an exciting role with a fantastic and supportive team.
- Work with the Category Manager to plan, develop and execute procurement activity that delivers sustainable purchasing income and with year-over-year improvements.
- Ensure your categories are ready to be sold through to external clients targeting, growing our total category spend across Supplies, Equipment & Services, where appropriate.
- Deliver best in class supplier management strategies to maximise the value of Foodbuy to Compass Group and external clients.
- Engage regularly with the sourcing team to ensure governance against the Foodbuy Procurement Framework and maximise resources of both teams to successfully execute planned sourcing projects.
- Responsible for the successful execution of finance activities across the category and supplier portfolios. This includes Purchasing Income budget creation, forecasting, pipeline management, balance sheet and collections. This also includes continuous planning and execution of working capital improvements for Compass Group.
- Engage with senior level stakeholders across Foodbuy to jointly execute strategic projects for Foodbuy.
- Build a high performing team culture and position Foodbuy as a destination for talent both internally and externally, representing Foodbuy at influential market events to develop the Foodbuy brand proposition and awareness.
- Strong Relationship Management – stakeholders, suppliers
- Worked in a Commercial environment before
- Some knowledge of Supplier Contracts
- Ability to analyse excel documents and create and present powerpoint slides
- CIPS professional qualification or equivalent(desirable)
- Category management experience (Indirects)
- Sourcing and tendering experience
- £28k per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution