Do you pride yourself in having strong communication skills? Are you able remain professional within a high pressurised environment? Are you able to use your own initiative, efficiently within challenging situations? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
A new opportunity has arisen as a helpdesk operator to join our Medirest family within our busy healthcare setting. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated team, delivering outstanding service for all Hospital visitors.
- Receiving and assisting callers with their requests and or complaint in an appropriate and professional manner consistent with their needs and which reflects the high standard of care and commitment provided by the Trust.
- Receiving and recording details of requests and/or complaints, checking information and providing the caller with a task ID and response time.
- Contact service providers. Allocate tasks to nominated officer, giving clear, concise and timely information.
- Update and maintain the Helpdesk database, ensuring all details relating to each task is clear and concise, updates are recorded, and records are closed once tasks have been completed.
- Maintain communications with service providers to ensure tasks can be tracked, and enquiries regarding progress can be dealt with efficiently.
- As part of the facilities team assist with the monitoring of tasks to ensure they are completed in line with Service Level specifications.
- As part of a Team ensuring that a safe working environment is maintained, keeping work areas clean and tidy, reporting faulty equipment, and completing incident reports where required.
- Participate in ongoing training and development in conjunction with the Departmental Manager and Supervisor.
- To provide a comprehensive Helpdesk service to the Trust, Skanska, Medirest and HCP.
- To carry out duties in line with Departmental, Medirest, and Trust’s Policies and Procedures.
- As part of a team ensures relevant information is shared, provide advice and assistance to team members.
- Previous experience in this role/similar position is essential
- Excellent telephone manner, with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Committed to following procedures and ensuring tasks are fully completed
- Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Outlook and the Internet
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will meet patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employ
- £9.65 per hour, 20 hours per week
- Saturday & Sunday
- Shift from 8.30am to 5pm
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution