Do you pride yourself in having strong communication skills? Are you able remain professional within a high pressurised environment? Are you able to use your own initiative, efficiently within challenging situations? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
A new opportunity has arisen as a telecommunications supervisor to join our Medirest family within our busy healthcare setting. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated team, delivering outstanding service for all Hospital visitors.
This is new exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, flexible individual to join the team providing an expert telecommunication service and first line managerial supervision to a team of operators working on our Switchboard, Helpdesk, and Reception. You will be responsible for the supervision of the Switchboard, Helpdesk & Reception Services on a daily basis, working in partnership with other post holders to cover shifts across 7 days.
You will be an expert call handler, setting an example of excellent customer care using effective and efficient call handling and interpersonal skills. Additional duties will include first line escalation for complex and challenging calls / visitors, respond to concerns, to plan and co-ordinate staff rotas to provide staff cover over 24-hour periods to include holidays and sickness cover, provide feedback/ coaching and training to staff and undertake reviews & appraisals.
You will support the Helpdesk & Telecommunications Manager in aspects of performance management including induction and training for new staff and ongoing support and competency assessment for staff across Switchboard, Helpdesk and Reception. You will be actively involved in improvement programmes such as upgrades to software and changes to standard operating procedures.
For this role you will be educated to diploma level or hold relevant equivalent experience in a leadership capacity. Experience in supervising in an NHS/Healthcare environment and working knowledge of NHS administrative processes would be advantageous.
With excellent verbal/written communications skills you will have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, work on your own initiative without supervision and prioritise your workload as necessary.
The candidate must have excellent people skills, communication skills and a willingness to learn new things whilst enjoying any challenges that may arise.
- Previous experience in this role/similar position is essential
- Excellent telephone manner, with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Committed to following procedures and ensuring tasks are fully completed
- Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft systems to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Outlook and the Internet
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will meet patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employ
- £10.40 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
- Working 5 days out of 7
- Shifts are 7.5 hours
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution