Waiter - Fine Dining
On-going training and development
5 out of 7 (lunch and dinner service available)
To provide a first class, five star experience to the Members, and their guests, of the All England Lawn Tennis Club. Reporting to the Dining Room Management Team you will assist as required in the Dining Room, Club Room and Bar.
This is one of the world’s iconic sporting locations serving as a private Members Club during 50 weeks of the year and then, for two weeks, hosting The Championships – the world’s premier grass court tennis tournament.
The dining offer within the Clubhouse comprises of a formal dining room serving lunch seven days a week with supper served Monday to Thursday evenings; an all day, less formal offer, is available in the Club Room where morning pastries, snack lunches and afternoon tea are served. The Landing Bar is open for morning coffee and an all day drinks service.
- To ensure that you provide the highest level of food and customer service at all times and in all areas of the Clubhouse
- To build a relationship with the Members via first class communication and customer skills
- Be willing to take ownership, to have a ‘can do’ approach to work with the utmost attention to detail
- To maintain excellent working relationships with the team
- To deliver service in accordance with Health and Safety and Food Safety law and as required by Compass Group. To ensure that all records that you are responsible for relating to these areas are maintained, recorded and available for inspection
- To report any H&S matters that require attention
- To protect and safeguard all FMC stock and property
- To assist in any other areas of the business, as required and to be available to work the entire length of the Championships in the Royal Room
Essential Job Skills
- To have experience of previously working as part of a diverse team
- To be available to work as required in this seven day a week operation
- To process the utmost task with outstanding customer focused skills, to be at ease when communicating with senior executives from a broad sector of industries
- To process a confident and out-going personality
- To be immaculately groomed and presented
- To have a flexible approach to work always maintaining a calm and dignified manner
- To be able to plan and prioritize daily requirements and any tasks given to you
Desirable Job Skills
- A good working knowledge of wines and the confidence to recommend and match wines to food
Who we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I