On-going training and development
Perks at work
Situated in the heart of Westminster, the QEII Centre is ideally located to take advantage of everything London has to offer.
Our award-winning conference and events venue is perfectly placed for you to experience London’s many cultural attractions.
Hospitality partner, Levy UK are looking for a talented Executive Chef to join the Team!
Overall Purpose of the Role
To plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the Company’s reputation for food quality is enhanced with the clients.
Responsible for compliance of Health, Safety, Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations.
Drive profit through menu plans and compliance through preferred suppliers.
• To develop and maintain good working relationships with the internal Client
• To ensure temperature checks are carried out from goods receipt to service delivery, using digital probe system HAWK
• To ensure the kitchen team is aware of portion control and measures to avoid wastage
• Plan and create menus which reflect a sustainable, seasonal and locally sourced ethos with the aid of Klimato
• Plan and cost menus ensuring that they achieve and maintain budgeted food costs
• Order stock in line with confirmed events, ensuring spend is reflective of forecasted sales
• Ensure the kitchen team are Allergen Aware and can advise Front of House team of menu contents
• To work with Front of House to respond to customer requests promptly
• Acts in line with guidelines and procedures, to ensure the health and safety of the team is always first
• Commercial awareness of contract catering
• Able to train and develop less experienced members of the kitchen team, for example Chef Apprentice
• Confident to manage a team ensuring the kitchen operates to maximum potential
• Always strives to deliver above and beyond the expectations set by management, delegates and client
• Has a proven desire for the delivery of the highest quality of service and food offer obtainable
• Has the drive to ensure that all results are attained in the most professional and honest manner
• Experience in an Executive or Head Chef role in a contract catering or large commercial venue
• Experience of delivering food to 1,500 guests simultaneously
• City & Guilds 706/1, 2 or NVQ Level 2 or similar qualification
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• Food allergen training
• Experience of managing a team of chefs and porters
• Demonstrate innovation and strategic direction in food planning and menu development
• Passion about food and customer service
• Experience of working to a controlled budget
• High standards and quality driven
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Team player
Who we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I