Ward Host / Hostess
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for customer service? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Ward Host / Hostess to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated Patient Dining team, who deliver outstanding catering services.
As a Ward Host / Hostess you would provide a warm and welcoming environment for patients, every day is different and by facilitating patient’s nutrition and hydration needs, you can make a real difference!
- Provide menus, take orders from patients and support with all dietary and allergen queries.
- Prepare and deliver all refreshments and meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service.
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offer a great customer service by always putting the patient first.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Ward Host / Hostess before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
Ward Host / Hostess
- £9.65 per hour, 15 hours per week
- Working 5 days out of 7
- Fully flexible on shifts
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution