Category Lead -
The Category Lead – NHS role is to work collaboratively with the Head of Commercial to define, lead & deliver the overarching strategy and KPI’s for the NHS.
This role will direct procurement activity and supplier management strategies across a range of frameworks, while working with the other Category Leads and cross functional teams to deliver on trust requirements and drive continuous improvement.
Lead a team of buyers to plan, develop and execute procurement activity that delivers year on year increased savings, savings retention and category growth.
• Deliver best in class supplier management strategies to maximise the value of NHSSC: Food to NHS trusts and grow our market share.
• Work across the procurement function to develop best practice and drive continuous improvement.
• Build strong relationships with cross functional teams including account management, operations, finance and transformation to deliver KPIs and support trust’s needs.
• Deliver on our client KPIs and build credibility with the client and promote Foodbuy value as a Category Tower Service Provider.
• Energise, inspire and develop a team to operate with pace, passion and resilience.
Skills and experience required:
• Experience of complex supplier, distributor and client management
• Ideally experience of public sector procurement and legislation
• Experience in leading a high performing commercial team and delivering results
• Strong decision maker, with good commercial acumen who is comfortable working under pressure
• Solid analytical skills, with an ability to manage and interpret data to make effective decisions
• A collaborative team player that brings people together to deliver results
• Experience of coaching, developing and leading procurement professionals
• Strategic thinker who can demonstrate impact and influence across an organisation
• A “Can Do” attitude to resolve issues and take learnings to drive ongoing continuous improvement