We are looking for a meticulously organised Catering manager/chef for our busy sandwich bar and catering company. Typical duties are
Cooking and preperation of buffets - hot and cold
Prep for our sandwich bar - including baking
All ordering/price checking
relationship building with suppliers and customers
Typical hours of work are 6.00 - 3.00 - Monday to Friday - but there will be evening and weekends to work as and when necessary.
Responsibilities will include :
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process
- Approving all dishes before they are delivered to the customer
- Managing and working closely with the whole team
- Creating menus and recipes and developing buffets ensuring variety and quality
- Determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering. Dealing with all suppliers and keeping abreast of all prices.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines
- Being responsible for health and safety
- Being responsible for all food hygiene practices.
- Being responsible for dealing with customer enquiries via email and online.
- You will also be expected to generally muck in - we are a small company with a small team and everyone has to pull their weight. This will include washing up, mopping floors and delivering buffets
- Full clean driving licence
You will need
- Level 1 2 and 3 Food Safety Awards
- Level 2 Health and Safety in the workplace - can be worked towards
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Awareness of COSHH
- A competent level of English - spoken and written.
- Basic IT skills and ability to update a simple excel spreadsheet ( this can be taught)
- A full clean driving licence
You should have
- Excellent food knowledge
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent team management skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Positive, unflappable and approachable manner