Compass Group Plc (Compass) is a £20 billion turnover, global organisation and the world’s leading provider of food and support services. With operations across seven key business areas (Foodservice; Support Services; Business & Industry; Healthcare & Seniors; Education; Sports & Leisure; and Defence, Offshore & Remote), Compass serves customers in offices and factories; schools and universities; hospitals and senior living communities; major sports and cultural venues; and remote mining camps and offshore platforms.
In a competitive marketplace, Compass recognises it needs to challenge the amount and nature of work that is being undertaken across its units so we can deliver world class services to our clients. As part of the world’s largest contract caterer, Compass Group UK&I generates an enormous amount of data through our tills, WFM systems and financial reporting solutions (just to name a few). How can we use this data to make better decisions? Working with the Labour Reporting Analyst, the Data Scientist will transform data into tools to enable better decision making. These tools might be a dashboard, an interactive presentation, or a written report.
You will be central in supporting our colleagues deliver the best service to our clients and customers across thousands of sites within the UK and Ireland. Working within the UK Finance function and partnering with HR and Operations, the Data Scientist will be required to produce and maintain interactive dashboards on these topic areas, using Amazon Quicksights or Power BI. These dashboards, together with Excel, Python or R, will be used to conduct and share analyses in the areas of productivity, labour inflation and absence management.
The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Head of Labour Productivity and Analysis, but will be required to show technical expertise in order recommend best practices for reporting and analysis solutions. This is an exciting position in a growing and high profile team, with the opportunity to shape how we deliver labour spend information across a large and diverse business.
- Direct experience with a dashboarding tool, either Amazon Quicksights or Power BI
- Direct experience of using Python or R to generate insights
- Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Substantial direct experience of conducting analysis using quantitative and qualitative data
- Substantial experience of conducting analysis on data relating to people and performance
- Experience of working in a GDPR compliant manner when acting as a data processor
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working under pressure
- Experience of working in a cross-functional and/or multi-divisional role
- Degree educated in a numerate discipline
- Desire to learn and develop
- Problem solver.
- Expert user of Cognos 10 or Cognos Analytics
- Experience of Infor or other WFM system
- Experience of SAP
- £Competitive salary per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution