Looking for a spicy new role?
We're looking for a motivated and passionate Kitchen Assistant who will be the heart of our operation for Chartwells on a part time basis. You'll join a team that takes a real pride in what they do, in their food, in their brand but most of all pride in their people. In Chartwells you'll get given every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Please note: This role is contracted to 43 weeks per year
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here's what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness of the kitchen and surrounding areas
- Ensuring the correct use of all machinery and equipment
- Assisting with the loading or unloading of deliveries and supply vehicles
- Representing Chartwells and maintaining a positive brand image
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Our ideal Kitchen Assistant will:
- Demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels
- Be an excellent team player
- Have a committed and organised approach
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Be flexible to work shifts
- Demonstrate Exceptional timekeeping and reliability
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges and universities across the UK.
Job Reference: com/2604/74011001/52480521/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.