Are you a natural leader? Do you have the ability motivate and coach team members to achieve the desired results? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Supervisor to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for a new member to lead our highly dedicated Cleaning team, delivering outstanding cleaning services for patients, visitors and staff of the hospital.
As a Supervisor, you will play a vital role in ensuring all areas are kept and presented to our highest standards. Infection Control will be paramount to keep the hospital operating and doing what it does best. Without the incredible cleaning service, the hospital wouldn’t be able to accomplish its lifechanging medical services. Believe us when we say, this isn’t just “any job”, this is a job which will make a real difference.
- Supervise the Domestic team effectively.
- Ensure the highest level of cleaning standards are met within your team at all times Support the Domestic Manager with changing business demands.
- Coach and support team with any training or day to day issues that may arise.
- Liaise with Ward staff, Doctors and nurses in a professional manner.
Complete audits and produce reports on cleaning standards.
Maintain staff rota’s and ensure all areas are covered.
Carry out return to work interviews for staff that have been absent.
Hold performance reviews with new starters and existing staff.
Undertake and record all training.
- Previous experience supervising large teams, completing rotas, performance reviews and return to work interviews.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Quality driven, with a sound knowledge of Health & Safety / infection control
- Possess good IT skills; fully competent in Microsoft Office and educated to GCSE level in English and Maths.
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will meet patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
- £10.40 per hour, 22.5 hours per week
- This role is temporary until 31.12.2022
- Monday to Friday
- Shift pattern from 8am to 4pm
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork