We have an exciting opportunity to join our Chartwells Team at Millfield School in Glastonbury. The role will be working 5 days from 7 with the latest shift finishing at 8pm. Between the main school and prep school we have a large number of boarders who we provide with Breakfast, Lunch and Supper, we also cater for events on site.
The main purpose of this role is;
To support the Catering Operations Manager in organising and supervising the front of house element of the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations, ensuring the provision of a quality service. Coordinate, cost and oversee the fulfilment of the client’s catering hospitality requirements, maintaining an up to date hospitality booking system, supporting in client site visits where required. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets.
This is a customer facing role and you will need excellent communication skills and be extremely well presented. You will join a team of circa 90 staff across both sites.
Are you currently a catering supervisor or food and beverage supervisor looking for a fresh challenge? We are seeking candidates with the following skillset.
- Competent usage of Outlook, excel, word and general PC operations
- Excellent eye for detail
- Great communication skills – the ability to deal with students and adults alike in both customer service and business settings
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- £25,000 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- No late nights