We have an exciting opportunity to work in Bishop's Stortford College. Serving circa 1400 meals per day with a real focus on fresh produce in a fast paced environment.
The overall purpose of this role;
To organise and supervise the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. To be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the unit under their control providing a quality service. Responsible for overseeing the preparation, cooking and service of food to agreed standards and specification. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets.
Key responsibilities within this role will include;
- Provide guidance and take a strategic approach to organising and managing the business through the team that report to you.
- Communicate, motivate and guide effectively your management team and catering staff on a daily basis. Set clear operational responsibilities for your management team and monitor their performance against their individual areas of responsibility.
- To take overall responsibility for both food and health and safety procedures in the college catering department.
- Communicate regularly with the bursar, headmaster and academic staff as required.
- Action plans are completed following Pupil/Staff satisfaction surveys.
- Promote the unit and act as a Chartwells /Compass Advocate at all time.
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the agreed standard and seek feedback on the food and service provided.
- Be present on a frequent basis at pupil/staff meal times ensuring we provide great tasting freshly prepared food at every meal service that pupils and staff look forward to and really love.
- Identify any additional opportunities to enhance/develop the service we provide and discuss with line manager
- Be aware of the need to ring the changes with the food provided, look at ways to bring innovation and flair so the service does not become repetitive.
- To operate to the agreed budget monitor trends and be able to identify corrective action if necessary.
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
We are ideally seeking a candidate with the following attributes;
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- An adaptive individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to academic staff
- Have an outgoing personality and be a strong team leader with bags of enthusiasm. Can do attitude to work
- Proven track record of managing large teams
- Enjoys working with fresh food
- Experience of managing a large catering budget
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Organised and enjoys working in a busy environment
- Computer literate with sound financial and commercial acumen
- £40,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution