The successful candidate will be joining our team as a Kitchen Porter, where main responsibilities will include pot washing, ensuring all areas of the kitchen are kept clean.
This role reports to the Culinary Brigade and works alongside an amazing team of Chefs & Butlers, helping to bring the best food trends and fashions to our patients on a daily basis.
- General washing-up duties to include all tableware and kitchen equipment.
- Ensuring all kitchen areas are clear of debris and conform to Health and safety regulations.
- Assisting the kitchen team with additional duties as and when required including accepting and storing food deliveries.
- Sweeping, mopping and cleaning all floor and surface areas
- Disposal of all waste.
- This role can be physically demanding and may involve heavy lifting from time to time.
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Porter before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do with a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork