Based within the Finance Team at the QEII Building the role of the Apprentice Finance Assistant will be to assist Finance Business Partner (FBP) with the Company control procedures in respect of:
- food production
- portion control
- stock management
- profit protection
- monitoring the budget and increasing profit margins
- To understand the catering budget and work to the agreed targets on food cost, labour hours, sundries, and wastage
- Complete deliveries received against orders placed on the in-unit trading system (FoodBuy) in a timely and accurate manner
- Create Purchase Order logs for Kitchen; including food and beverage, equipment and maintenance orders via in-unit trading system FoodBuy
- Deliver Purchase Order Logs to Central Finance team in accordance with Company timelines
- Contact suppliers with queries relating to delivery queries
- Ensuring credit notes are received in timely fashion
- Regularly check stock sheet prices and update as required
- Record findings from the monthly inventory for Kitchen, Cellar and Back of House
- Schedule necessary maintenance and repairs on kitchen appliances as per Head Chef instructions
- Assist with the control of the Company food hygiene management system (HAWK)
- Assist with safe reconciliation and PDQ event day “cashing up”
- Assist with maintenance of asset register
- Communicate daily and weekly financial targets to all members of the Management team as appropriate
- To work with the Finance BP to identify efficiencies through innovative working practices
- To attend all necessary training programmes to develop your own potential and enable your progress in the company
- To attend team meetings as required and contribute to the development and growth of the business through the sharing of good practice and your own experiences
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship:
The primary role of the accounts/finance assistant is to complete daily financial and accounts-based tasks and to support the line manager and other team colleagues. You will be supported through this qualification by your Development Coach who will visit you at your place of work every 6 to 10 weeks. You are not expected to complete any of your apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office, including ExCel, Word, Outlook and OneDrive
- Able to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Able to develop working relationships with staff and suppliers
- Encourage employees to work safely and lookout for the safety of fellow workers and suppliers
- Experience of Food Buy (desirable)
- Keep up to date with latest trends in the foodservice industry and work with the team and the Executive Chef to introduce new ideas regular
- In addition to any previous experience, have a willingness to learn new procedures or ways of working in line with Company procedures
APPRENTICE FINANCE ASSISTANT
SALARY: £24,000.00 per annum
LOCATION: QEII Taste (T/A Leith’s at the Centre), QEII Centre, Broad Sanctuary, London. SW1P 3EE
REPORTING TO: Kimberley Powell
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, 0900-1700.
DURATION: Minimum 18 months
Do you have a real passion for working in Finance? Would you like to have a varied role that enables you to develop your financial and numeracy? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Accounts Assistant to join our team within the Levy Sector at Compass Group UK & Ireland.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over an 18-month period you will be trained to become a fully qualified Apprentice Accounts Assistant.