Back of house and good receiving Manger
40 Hours per week
On-going training and development
ExCel is the UK’s leading convention and exhibition centre. We cater for over 300 events per year, meeting a hugely diverse range of requirements. From a fine dining experience for thousands of delegates, to an on-the-go lunch for an exhibitor team, we operate on all scales with outstanding care in every service area. Our business is growing and we are creating new and exciting possibilities every day through our partnership with our client, event organisers and exhibitors.
The role of Back of house and good receiving Manager is a fabulous opportunity to work with a great team and be a part of delivering exceptional events at the ExCeL London Hospitality.
Reporting to the Head of Back of House and Logistics Director of Catering and you will be directly responsible for the key result areas below. (Amongst other, general responsibilities)
- Delivery of consistent and exceptional service standards to achieve and ideally exceed agreed unit targets and grow our reputation for legendary customer service.
- Close and detail liaison with exhibition hall clients to scope, plan and deliver their bespoke requests.
- Liaison with 3rd party supplier and contractors to underpin effective service delivery.
- Own the delivery of health and safety policy and process across your remit.
- Operate and further develop consistently high brand standards within defined area.
- Responsible for all the storage procedure, tidiness and cleanliness of the area
- Alongside kitchen department to be responsible of tidiness and cleanliness of the loading bay
- Responsible for the full good receiving procedures and system, ensuring the items arrived always match invoices & delivery notes. Recording every orders and deliveries details in the company financial logs.
- Responsible for disposable, linen and beverage orders alongside the logistic management team
- Responsible for the right store of the equipment, as to operate the annual full equipment inventory.
- Responsible for equipment hire collections, alongside the logistic management team
- Responsible for linen procedure (orders/collection), alongside the logistic management team
- Work closely with your team of managers and supervisors to develop and sustain a high level of team energy and engagement
- Conduct regular appraisals, performance reviews and succession planning activity, based on agreed result areas and KPI’s.
- Own and drive the training plan and activity for your remit.
- Ensure effective communication flows in all directions across your team and with peers and colleagues throughout ExCeL.
- Recognise and celebrate success.
- All HR compliance
Financial & Business Development:
- Be in control of all operating costs in line with set targets.
- Responsible for disposable and beverage stocktakes
- Responsible for any cost goods received cost discrepancies
- Experienced in leading the implementation of change programmes to deliver operational benefits.
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines to deliver results.
- Experience in fast environment
- Excellent communications skills – able to influence all stakeholder levels.
- Exudes confidence, energy and charisma.
- Demonstrates flexibility and agility.
- Calm and structured approach, coupled with resilience and problem solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Organised and tidying up maniac.
- Preferable forklift driving license holder#
Who we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I